dinner monday, 12/6

Ronjohn

We had turkey sandwiches. We drove (well, *I* drove. Sheila was a passenger) home from up north, so neither of us felt like cooking after unpacking and all.

Leni

I picked up three boneless porkchops that were 1" thick. Fried them in my CI skillet until well browned. Then I added sauteed onions, water and fresh sage and simmered until they were tender. Made a gravy out of the liquid and served fried potatoes and asparagus with the chops.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I picked up three boneless porkchops that were 1" thick. Fried them in my CI skillet until well browned. Then I added sauteed onions, water and fresh sage and simmered until they were tender. Made a gravy out of the liquid and served fried potatoes and asparagus with the chops.
OOOOOOOOOO That sounds good!! I sprinkle poulrty seasoning on my pork chops but have never used just sage. I will have to try that. Was the sage fresh or dry? Do you think it would be good with either or do you prefer one or the other?

Leni

I use fresh. I have an herb garden just outside the kitchen door. Dry would work just fine as long as it isn't too old. People tend to keep spices and herbs long past their expiration date. Most are no good after a year.