dinner tuesday, 11/30/10

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cooking/dining tonite .......

me, i'm making an item consisting of burger, & i've got a cabbage. hm-

AllenOK

I'm not sure what I'm going to be making either. I've got hamburger, chicken, and some wild-caught White Bass to work with.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I haven't cooked anything from FP VIII yet, and am devising a recipe for tonight that uses those ingredients...

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Either the other 1/2 of the baked penne or homemade pizza and a salad.

lilylove

We're going out carpet shopping tonight... so dinner will be something quick somewhere in between carpet stores. :)

Redecorating is fun! :)

Leni

I am going to grill those NY strip steaks that I bought yesterday. Baked potatoes and a tossed green salad with garlic bread should do it.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
I have some sweet & spicey sausage, thinking soup with beans, vegies, pasta - cold here for us California people.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast:
Trader Joe's old fashioned oven toasted oats. Man was it GOOD!! I added raisins, butter, sugar free maple flavored syrup, Ideal brown sugar sub & topped with a bit of 1/2 & 1/2.

113010_TJ_oatmeal.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
cooking/dining tonite .......

me, i'm making an item consisting of burger, & i've got a cabbage. hm-

Now all you need is some cream of mushroom soup, milk and salt and pepper to taste to make my cabbage stew.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Steak sounds so good right now but didn't take any out. So, it's probably going to be hot and sour soup with homemade (sorta, going to use pkg'd won-ton wrappers) shrimp won-tons.

Steak sounds so good right now but didn't take any out. So, it's probably going to be hot and sour soup with homemade (sorta, going to use pkg'd won-ton wrappers) shrimp won-tons.

Sounds good. Think I'll make my potsticker soup w/ chicken broth, Ling Ling's potstickers & veggies.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had a rerun of last night. And it was great! I think this is the best tasting batch of red sauce I have made in quite awhile. And I think it is due to the EVOO I bought from Trader Joe's. It's Trader Joe's President's Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Qt, 1.8 fl oz - Price $5.99!! That is a great price compared to the same size bottle of other brands. AND it tastes better!!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I have leftover turkey from Thursday, leftover shrimp & andouille jambalaya from Sunday, and leftover turkey pot pie from Monday in the fridge. I think we're "grazing" the leftovers tonight. :glare:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Never got around to the skillet potatoes.

Just had fried chicken, potato wedges and salad.

2010-11-30 18-20-15.753.jpg

2010-11-30 18-19-37.588.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
?????????? Sounds yummy!! How do you make it?

Cabbage Stew

2 pounds ground beef, fried and drained
1 large head of green cabbage, cut up and boiled in water until tender. Drain
2 cans campbells cream of mushroom soup
2 soup cans milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and pour into baking dish and put in 350 oven for 35 to 45 minutes.

Let rest at least 10 minutes before serving.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Cabbage Stew

2 pounds ground beef, fried and drained
1 large head of green cabbage, cut up and boiled in water until tender. Drain
2 cans campbells cream of mushroom soup
2 soup cans milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and pour into baking dish and put in 350 oven for 35 to 45 minutes.

Let rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you LS!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Your chicken, taters and salad look really good, Sass. And thanks for the cabbage soup recipe, LS. It sounds yummy, and YES, I can get Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup here. The product they make for the Mexican market is actually better (more mushrooms) than the same item (with an English label) that I can buy in the "imported" section of the grocery store - and it costs about 1/5 of the imported version. Go figure. I'll be trying it soon.

We had breakfast for dinner tonight - a spinach/bacon quiche with a potato crust from Franken Pantry VIII. Really good - we both liked it. Pics over on the Franken Pantry VIII thread...

Guts

Shrimp cooked in butter, garlic, and Mirin served over rice. Egg Drop Soup.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 72

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I wonder why I am craving fried chicken and taters!!!! :whistle:

I blame you Sass!! YUMMY!!