dinner tuesday, november 23, 2010

Deelady

Thanks Mary! and you inspired me to have a blondie Holiday! :D I meant to make these and yours for Thanksgiving but silly me was a day off and thought tomorrow was Thanksgiving! Oh well, I'll still have yours to make fresh for dinner!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome meals everyone. Beautiful plate Karen, love it. And Dee, that chicken looks spectacular!! :thumb:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks for the recipe, Dee! I will be sure to make those really soon!

Deelady said:
By the way did you cook you chips from scratch? and would you mind telling what you mixed into your ground beef? :D Thanks!!

The chips were from tortillas that I made last night, cut into wedges and fried in corn oil. I added some of the enchilada sauce that I made last night from dried chiles, onions, garlic and tomatoes...I think I used a little tomate bouillon, too. Then I added some of the chile powder I made today. That's what really made it good...I've posted this recipe before, I think. But today I used chiles anchos, pasillas, guajillos and moritas. Pretty spicy, and will be good for the tamales we're making for Thanksgiving.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Karen's chile powder[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 oz dried chiles (mild, hot or combination. Ancho or pasillo are the mildest and guajillo and chiles de arbol are a little hotter. I mix them up.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 TBS ground cumin
2 TBS ground paprika
4 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 tsp onion powder
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2 tsp oregano
6 tsp dried cilantro

Roast chiles for a few minutes in a skillet or griddle, just to release aroma (1-2 minutes.) Cut off stems of chiles and remove seeds. Blend all ingredients with chiles in a food processor or blender until powdery. Store in an air-tight glass jar. (I find it easier to first grind them a little bit at a time in the blender, then add all the ingredients to the FP.)
[/FONT]

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dee, I could eat the skin off that chicken itself lol
Wonderful :)
Karen, as always you do a great dinner that is lovely.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken breast and homemade basil egg noodles. Yes, the Alfredo sauce is from scratch as well. Can anyone tell that business has slowed down???
clap.gif
clap.gif
I'm back in the kitchen.
clap.gif
clap.gif

FettuchiniAlfredo.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oh Mary, your dinner looks luscious! Our dinner was a melange of leftovers from last night: I fried up the remaining tortillas and made chips, then heated up the leftover meat with a little of the sauce and added some of the dried chile seasoning I made today for our Thanksgiving tamales (pretty HOT because I added chiles moritos this time) and topped with cheese, crema, salsa and guacamole. And some olives. Out of a possible 10, Jerry gave it a 14! It was good.

Oh Wow! Dinners look great tonight!! Those nachos are calling to me Karen!

I made fried chicke, creamed spinach, corn and snicker doodle blondies for desert! I plan to make Mary's blondies tomorrow :)

Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken breast and homemade basil egg noodles. Yes, the Alfredo sauce is from scratch as well. Can anyone tell that business has slowed down???
clap.gif
clap.gif
I'm back in the kitchen.
clap.gif
clap.gif

FettuchiniAlfredo.jpg
WOW BEAUTIFUL MEALS EVERYONE!!

Dee did you double dip your chicken? Did you let them rest bewteen dippings and/or before frying?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We had Chinese Take-Out .....

The Shrimp w/ Lobster Sauce was more like Lobster BROTH !

Hot / Sour Soup was on the money tho'

Deelady

Peeps I used a dust of cornstartch, then a wet batter and then tossed it in a dry flour mixture, and last deep fried it :) I'm trying out new method and this is the method they say is done at Popeyes chicken.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peeps I used a dust of cornstartch, then a wet batter and then tossed it in a dry flour mixture, and last deep fried it :) I'm trying out new method and this is the method they say is done at Popeyes chicken.
Recipe please Dee? YUMMY!

Deelady

I'll do what I can but I just kinda winged it (lol get it...winged it) using a few different methods. I'll post what I can recall though ;)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
lifesaver91958 said:
I love mexican food!

Thanks, LS - We love it, too. Guess we picked the right place to live! You would be surprised at the number of expats from the US and Canada that we know here who don't like Mexican food. What??? Why didn't you retire in Florida or Arizona????