Sunday Dinner 11-21-10

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm making Stuffed Butternut Squash. I stuff the squash with sausage, apples, onions & pecans. It's a great fall dinner when the nights are cooler.

Hopefully, it will drop below 80 here before I have to start the oven!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to cook something at home today if it's the last thing I do! Lou and I are going back to the restaurant to decorate for the holidays, and there's still some pots soaking from brunch yesterday. But, when I get home...

I'm going to stuff an acorn squash and serve it with pumpkin ravioli. I cannot get any more descriptive than that at this time.:wink:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning pork (either pan fried chops and pan gravy or breaded and then turned into parm), saffron rice and either carrots or mixed veggies.

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm planning to cook from Franken Pantry VII today...so, something with ground meat, tomatoes, chiles, onions...not sure what it will be, yet.

sadie

I'm making my gramma's stuffed cabbage rolls stuffed w/rice, sweet sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper & seasonings in light tomato sauce.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I'm going to cook something at home today if it's the last thing I do! Lou and I are going back to the restaurant to decorate for the holidays, and there's still some pots soaking from brunch yesterday. But, when I get home...

I'm going to stuff an acorn squash and serve it with pumpkin ravioli. I cannot get any more descriptive than that at this time.:wink:

Mmmmmm! I've always been afraid of making a squash filled ravioli - how do you keep it from getting too meely?

lilylove

Leftovers for us tonight... porkloin, veggies, chicken, salad and what ever else I can pull out of the fridge.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmmm! I've always been afraid of making a squash filled ravioli - how do you keep it from getting too meely?

I roast the pumpkin to get rid of all the extra moisture...then blend it with mascarpone cheese and other flavours. You can use ricotta cheese, too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Question:
How much/many threads/strands of saffron do I use for 4 servings of jasmine rice? And can I/should I use flavored broth or plain water? Please help will be starting dinner in about 30 minutes.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wish I could help, lbp, but I don't know. I do know that a little saffron goes a long way.

I have some Willapoint oysters, so I'm thinking of making some Oysters Bienville, maybe frying a few also, alongside a mixed green salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Peeps, if you haven't already cooked it, I'd use just a couple of strands of saffron (don't know how big the strands are) and I'd definitely use broth instead of water. But, this is probably too late!

I was planning to do a FP meal today, but wore myself out baking cinnamon rolls and zucchini bread for the coffee shop. Must be a low energy day! Last time I made meatloaf, I made a humongous amount and stuck one in the freezer. Just took it out - that'll be dinner. Probably mashed potatoes and some steamed veggies.

Mr. Green Jeans

The dreaded wintry mix hit us this afternoon and I got caught out in it. I'm stoking the wood stove until it glows red and making shepherd's pie.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Restaurant is almost all decorated...came home and baked for tomorrow (rather than hang around the restaurant and bake there - chocolate layer cake and eggnog coffee cake)...

Sauteed acorn squash over pumpkin ravioli, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloins.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Restaurant is almost all decorated...came home and baked for tomorrow (rather than hang around the restaurant and bake there - chocolate layer cake and eggnog coffee cake)...

Sauteed acorn squash over pumpkin ravioli, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloins.
The Acorn squash ravioli and Eggnog coffee cake sounds fantastic Vera!! Will you share the recipes? Or now that you own a business does this mean you won't be sharing your recipes for your wonderful creations with us any more? :sad:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The rice came out a bit to yellow/orange but it had a great flavor!! Not bad for my first try at saffron rice.

Pan fried pork loin chops (seasoned with garlic & onion powders, salt, peppercorns, thyme, rosemary and poultry seasoning) fried in grapeseed oil, pan gravy (made with flour, chicken broth, salt, ground peppercorns and drippings), saffron rice (jasmine rice, chicken broth, dry minced onion, garlic powder, saffron, Badia Amarillo Yellow Coloring, butter, sea salt & ground peppercorns) and steamed & buttered frozen mixed veggies.

112110_pork_chops_saffron_rice.jpg

mhend

We had grilled ribeyes with peppers, onions and mushrooms along with loaded baked potatoes and a little salad on the side. I found a new salad dressing at Publix - Makato's Ginger Dressing. It was really good!

DSC_0001.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Everyone's dinners look and sound yummy. Peeps, your pork looks so good, and your saffron rice turned out great. Mary, I love your version of a loaded baked potato, and the steak looks delicious. LS, nice job on the chili and cornbread! Very savory and spicy looking. I love that bit of butter peeking out of the cornbread.

I'd be feeling truly sorry for myself after looking at all these wonderful meals if I hadn't indulged in some comfort food myself - meatloaf, mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy, steamed fresh mixed veggies with butter. It was warm enough to eat on the back patio, but cool enough to enjoy some good food.

Attachments

• DSCF0762.jpg
    DSCF0762.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 152
K

Kimchee

Skillet fried Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst lengths, hash brown potatoes and fried eggs.
YUM!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmm!!!!!!!! Had I known you were fixing Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst, hash browns and eggs I'd have been right over. lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen!! Your dinner looks so yummy!! I just made meatloaf the other night and now I want more!!

LS - That looks so Yummy!!

mhend

LS your chili and cornbread looks delicious and Karen the meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy is making me hungry again! :)