dinner 11/29/10

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i may be baking cod or tilapia, (i'll be making that w/ garlic-butter) & a veggie or 2

yourself.......

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We haven't had any chicken for about a week, maybe more. So, something with chicken. I'm going to the grocery store later this morning, and will fill in the blanks.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Today I am going to try and hit a few stores (which I could only look at yesterday!!) - for a bday gift for my older girl (Dec 2), xmas gifts for hub and younger girl, hair cut for older girl and maybe TJ's for some veggies.

Hub is off tonight so no rush to get dinner done and will probably be baked pasta (I am determined to make this!! LOL) or homemade pizza (well made with the Pillsbury pizza dough in the tube).

Leni

Dinner Monday 11-29-10

Probably turkey again. We've eaten other things the last couple of days.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I just got back from the grocery store and I see that Franken Pantry VIV is well-stocked already, so I'll make my dinner using those ingredients.

Leni

Ditto. Although I did come home from the grocery store with some beautiful NY strip steaks. It all depends on how cold and windy it is this evening. I want to BBQ them.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Baked Mini Penne with Mushroom Sauce (cooked mini penne tossed with ricotta, mozzarella, fresh grated Romano & Parmesan, fresh parsley. Mushroom sauce - EVOO, chili oil, grapeseed oil, ground red pepper flakes, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground thyme & rosemary, chopped fresh mushrooms, garlic, onions, chopped fresh oregano, basil & parsley, topped with mozzarella and baked) and salad.

112910_baked_penne.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Peeps - that is a masterpiece. I can smell the chicken cooking here at our house and it smells wonderful, but I think I'd rather be at your house tonight!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh Peeps - that is a masterpiece. I can smell the chicken cooking here at our house and it smells wonderful, but I think I'd rather be at your house tonight!
Thank you Karen. There is plenty left. The mushrooms were huge!! I used 1 for 2 salads!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
SS!! :w00t: :bounce::applause:

Those pot pies are incredible looking! So professional and perfect. Amazing job!

Can you please, PLEASE give me the recipe for that crust!! :thumb:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
SS - we are unanimous in acclaiming your pot pies a vision of perfection! They look great, and I'll bet they tasted even better. We ate from Franken Pantry IX tonight, with a modified version of an old recipe for Chicken Fricassee...

Attachments

• DSCF0800.jpg
    DSCF0800.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 68

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thank you both. SousChef wanted regular pie crust and I wanted puff pastry crust. I won.

Recipe for crust:

Drive to Publix. Look in freezer case for Pepperidge Farm frozen Puff Pastry. Pay cashier. Take it home and open box. Remove 1 package and thaw on counter for an hour. Put other package in the freezer.

Do NOT unfold the thawed pastry. Cut in half widthwise and roll each square out 2 inches bigger than your baking dishes. Cut a large circle. Cut slits. Place over filled dish. Brush very lightly with cream to help browning. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until golden.

:yum::yum::yum:

Frozen puff pastry and frozen phyllo dough are 2 of my "cheat" ingredients. I always have both in the freezer. They are my concessions to convenience from my otherwise obsessive/compulsiveness in trying to do everything from scratch. I also buy bread already baked and dried pasta. :ohmy: :hide:

mhend

LOL! SS! Those pot pies are gorgeous!! OMG!!

Peeps, your pasta and salad and Karen, your chicken - all of it looks just delicious!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you both. SousChef wanted regular pie crust and I wanted puff pastry crust. I won.

Recipe for crust:

Drive to Publix. Look in freezer case for Pepperidge Farm frozen Puff Pastry. Pay cashier. Take it home and open box. Remove 1 package and thaw on counter for an hour. Put other package in the freezer.

Do NOT unfold the thawed pastry. Cut in half widthwise and roll each square out 2 inches bigger than your baking dishes. Cut a large circle. Cut slits. Place over filled dish. Brush very lightly with cream to help browning. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until golden.

Frozen puff pastry and frozen phyllo dough are 2 of my "cheat" ingredients. I always have both in the freezer. They are my concessions to convenience from my otherwise obsessive/compulsiveness in trying to do everything from scratch. I also buy bread already baked and dried pasta. :ohmy: :hide:

I've never used puff pastry, and I tried Phyllo dough once and unrolled/separated it.....:w00t:

DW saw Puff Pastry the other day at Publix, so I'll grab some. It sounds right up my alley, thanks!! :thumb: