Whats cooking Friday 11/26/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok whats for dinner tonight? Leftovers or something "new"?

I never made my stuffed shrooms yesterday so I will make them and leftovers. People can choose what they want, make up a plate and microwave. I will have a turkey sammie.

What will you be having?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Since we only have two tamales left, I guess that won't be sufficient...but we will be spending the afternoon and evening at the Chili Cook-Off, so I suppose we'll manage to get some chili at some point - at least the stuff that we cooked. I'm eating leftover soup for breakfast - yummy.

Mr. Green Jeans

Most likely leftovers tonight but this sound awfully tempting:

Pulled Turkey with Cranberry BBQ Sauce Sliders

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon, jalapeño pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Roast turkey, shredded
Hawaiian dinner rolls, halved lengthwise

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and jalapeño and cook over medium heat until the onions have softened. Add garlic and continue to cook for approximately one minute. Add cranberry sauce, ketchup and mustard and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Remove from heat.

Toss the turkey with enough sauce to coat. Pile the turkey onto the dinner rolls to form little sandwich sliders. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Most likely leftovers tonight but this sound awfully tempting:

Pulled Turkey with Cranberry BBQ Sauce Sliders

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon, jalapeño pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Roast turkey, shredded
Hawaiian dinner rolls, halved lengthwise

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and jalapeño and cook over medium heat until the onions have softened. Add garlic and continue to cook for approximately one minute. Add cranberry sauce, ketchup and mustard and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Remove from heat.

Toss the turkey with enough sauce to coat. Pile the turkey onto the dinner rolls to form little sandwich sliders. Serve immediately and enjoy!

That sounds delish. Saved. Thanks MGJ.

Pretty much reruns, except:

Making the salad I didn't get to yesterday

Artichoke mashed potatoes

Roasted brussels sprouts

If I have leftovers tomorrow, planning on:

Scallion pancakes w/ turkey & cranberry-hoisin sauce

http://tinyurl.com/3a72oyu

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nothing cooking here. If they can't find something to eat in the fridge, they're just SOL. I'm taking the day off and watching the iron bowl....which is fixin' to start!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Turkey & gravy, stuffed mushrooms, mashed sweet potato & acorn squash, sautéed mushrooms and salad (baby greens, almonds & shreds of turkey).

112610_turkey_stuffed_mushrooms.jpg

112610_salad.jpg

Guts

Egg drop soup, egg rolls, pot stickers, white rice with a splash of rice wine vinegar.

Attachments

• dinner 11 26  10 001.jpg
    dinner 11 26 10 001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 73