Green Tomato Salsa

Johnny West

I did 10 pints today and used a habanero, three jalapeños from our garden, two store bought jalapeños, and this batch is pretty darn hot. I may make one more batch when I get back from Utah. We certainly have the tomatoes for it.
The second picture is the salsa I made the other day and only used two jalapeños. It's pretty mild.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/green-un-ripe-tomato-salsa-for-canning-393491

Attachments

• ####Green Tomato Salsa 2nd.jpg
    ####Green Tomato Salsa 2nd.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 103
  • ####Salsa III.jpg
    ####Salsa III.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 104

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Whoa, that's a lot of salsa!

Are the tomatoes from your garden? I think you said you had trouble with the tomato plants this year. - late ripening?

Lee

Johnny West

Yes, the tomatoes are from our garden. We got a late start to the growing season as she started her own plants and they took a long time to grow. We are getting ripe tomatoes and will have a lot mature in paper sack. Our heirloom tomatoes have been quite tasty.

I have some ripe ones we won't get to eat fresh and will make a sauce tomorrow to save for later.

Johnny West

I'm getting tired of dealing with green tomatoes and may have to compost the rest. Well of larger cherry tomatoes coming on, though. I'll make a tomato salade this weekend to go with a steak and potato.

Today tried making roasted green tomato salsa. It was a bit time consuming but at least i didn't have to chop things up so much. It tastes pretty good - a little past medium for hot spiciness.

Attachments

• ####Salsa I.jpg
    ####Salsa I.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 84
  • ####Salsa II copy.jpg
    ####Salsa II copy.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ####Salsa III copy.jpg
    ####Salsa III copy.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 86
  • ####Salsa IV .jpg
    ####Salsa IV .jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 89
  • ####Salsa MS.jpg
    ####Salsa MS.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 88

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like a lotta work, John, but I'm sure it's delicious!

Lee