Did anybody catch the Mod Whine fest over on DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckytom

Grill Master
i don't get all of the rancor that still exists, but i guess it's because i dealt with and thought about the problems there for a long time. pretty much from the time i joined. i went to bat for several people that were banned, but never got anywhere.

to me, it feels kinda like knowing your ex gf lives nearby. you might be tempted to do her once in a while for kicks, but that's about it.

but it would have to be drunken doggie style. maybe reverse cowboy, in the stink...

Wart

Banned
Nobody went to google because it had a good name. They had a good product...

Product ...... :soapbox:

Anyhow, about that DC Mod/:mad:Site Admin (you know who), I wasn't sure of his gender till he posted about having a wife. Still not too sure ... not that there is anything wrong with androgyny, just sort of nice knowing which pronoun to use.:yum:

***** to me, it feels kinda like knowing your ex gf lives nearby. you might be tempted to do her once in a while for kicks *******

Hehehe .... You are too funny ..... I nearly sprayed my whole computer with tea when I read this ....

Funny, you mention that .... In my first reply to him after the email telling me that my posts had been erased, I wrote, "Dear Madam .... " I had just assumed I was dealing with a contentious old woman. (no offense intended to you lovely ladies.)

Product ...... :soapbox:

Anyhow, about that DC Mod/:mad:Site Admin (you know who), I wasn't sure of his gender till he posted about having a wife. Still not too sure ... not that there is anything wrong with androgyny, just sort of nice knowing which pronoun to use.:yum:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Trish - The front page still shows you as the top poster, how could the top poster be banned?

Everyone - THink about it, all an admin has to do is remove the bann and change your password, it is the same thing and looks better.

AC

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I have done counting up over there on the last few times, at least 50% of the new post titles were games, others were general discussions and finally were the cooking topics.

I must admit I do enjoy the games occasionally but I also want to see recipes and use my limited skills to help queries. It is good to go through the recipes thinking, that looks good, I can really go for that and then hit the ingredients that first one boy, then the other and sometimes DW don't like. Sometimes all three hit the "won't eat" button.

buckytom

Grill Master
i don't think there's that much shenanigan's going on. maybe a little trim here and there to make stuff look better, but they're not exactly sinking like the titanic.

if i was surfing in for the first time, i doubt i'd notice anything about old members getting banned, or even caring about it.

hmmmm, i never really read through their entire t.o.s., but i wonder if it has any provisions for flaming them at other sites. or if it's been added.
you'd think that you could only get banned if you broke the rules at one of the owner's sites. but then, that would be fair and logical.

buckytom

Grill Master
i have to add that i'm sure they expect this place to blow up. you know, this is a collection of people who are opinionated to a fault, have only purile interests at heart (see andy r's response to the exodus), and are malcontents in general. how could we possibly get along?

in a way, i can see their point.

lol, j/k.

it will be nice to prove that kind of ill willing wrong.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We accept each other as we are. I don't like some posts and some don't like some of mine. It doesn't matter as long as we don't take offence.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Hmm, interesting cover-up. They are hiding the word Banned now, but I'm still banned.

I don't think they're hiding it. The software only allows them to use the word "banned" a few hundred thousand times and they ran out of license.

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

The Tourist

Banned
Look, my fight isn't with GrillinFool, and I should probably write him a PM to apologize.

But let me write my last here on this thread.

There is no way in Hades I am going to have anything but contempt for a pudgy Little Corporal who can't even play right field and twenty sycophants mouthing "no running in the halls" type rules.

He banned people for telling jokes, yes. But most of his bannishments came from people who either didn't respect him or simply disagreed.

I got warned about him the first week I was there.

So let me drive home this point:

I didn't go looking for him. I didn't go looking for him. I didn't go looking for him. I didn't go looking for him.

He made an enemy out of me. He made an enemy out of me. He made an enemy out of me. He made an enemy out of me.

And the multi-page PMs I got from him and some female moderator sounded akin to a methed out tweaker.

Frankly, he got what he deserved.

GrillinFool

Look, my fight isn't with GrillinFool, and I should probably write him a PM to apologize.

We had a fight? We are fighting? When did this happen?

Oh crap. Now we're all screwed. This place is going down the tubes....Time to go back and beg to be unbanned!?!?

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, gf.

did anyone see the simpson's episode when homer quits the nuke plant, then tries to get his job back later in the show?

when he quit, he drove out of the parking lot over a small wooden bridge, tossing a match out the window which caused the bridge to immediately errupt in flames.

when he tried to get his job back, he had to go to mr. burns' office to beg. when he got to the office, there was a normal sized door for new hireees, and a small doggie type door to crawl through for re-hires.

lol.

S.Shepherd

I would never flame any website. But I'm not below altering all my pics to promote my new home...

ItalianSubBread.jpg

P1010341.jpg

P1010337.jpg

Hey, it's only right that people should know where the recipe came from. I'll bet these and teh others I've altered have already been blocked somehow, but with 1,044 posts, I'm sure some of them will continue to pop up from time to time. I wonder if they can block links from specific Photobucket accounts. If they can, all of my posts with pics will have a silly looking message. I believe this is called an indirect attack.:applause::clap::a1:
I call BS!! That food looks exactly lie the stuff I saw on kappabashi St. in Tokyo..fake food capitol of the world!!

it looks too perfect:applause:

S.Shepherd

i don't get all of the rancor that still exists, but i guess it's because i dealt with and thought about the problems there for a long time. pretty much from the time i joined. i went to bat for several people that were banned, but never got anywhere.

to me, it feels kinda like knowing your ex gf lives nearby. you might be tempted to do her once in a while for kicks, but that's about it.

but it would have to be drunken doggie style. maybe reverse cowboy, in the stink...

HAHAHAHA.. ROTFLMAO:yum:

S.Shepherd

i don't think there's that much shenanigan's going on. maybe a little trim here and there to make stuff look better, but they're not exactly sinking like the titanic.

if i was surfing in for the first time, i doubt i'd notice anything about old members getting banned, or even caring about it.

hmmmm, i never really read through their entire t.o.s., but i wonder if it has any provisions for flaming them at other sites. or if it's been added.
you'd think that you could only get banned if you broke the rules at one of the owner's sites. but then, that would be fair and logical.

he said shenanigans.............:pat:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I call BS!! That food looks exactly lie the stuff I saw on kappabashi St. in Tokyo..fake food capitol of the world!!

it looks too perfect:applause:

ROFLMAO...the ultimate compliment...your food looks fake!

I've been altering a select batch of pics with similar messages. I read Andy R's comments about us, and if I'm going to be labeled a trouble maker, you can bet your sweet ass I'm going to live up to it. I hope Napoleon and the dwarf get 'roid itch every time one of MY pictures show up. I own the pics and can do whatever I want with them. IMHO, if you ban someone, then you should rid yourself of everything associated with them.

S.Shepherd

ROFLMAO...the ultimate compliment...your food looks fake

Hey, I kid you not.. they had classes a beer that were making my mouth water ! fizzy bubbles inside the glass, the outside of the glass was wet-- like a cold beer on a hot day, and the damn thing cost about $50 !!!

I saw fried chicken, ribs, waffles that looked better than anything I could make !

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
If they deleted all our posts, it would leave huge gaps in their website and would also lead to more questions. I just wish they would have left the moniker banned. If I am banned, it should be so noted.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I would never flame any website. But I'm not below altering all my pics to promote my new home...

ItalianSubBread.jpg

P1010341.jpg

P1010337.jpg

Hey, it's only right that people should know where the recipe came from. I'll bet these and teh others I've altered have already been blocked somehow, but with 1,044 posts, I'm sure some of them will continue to pop up from time to time. I wonder if they can block links from specific Photobucket accounts. If they can, all of my posts with pics will have a silly looking message. I believe this is called an indirect attack.:applause::clap::a1:

I just checked and you have to click on a link on at least one of them but the picture looks just like it does above.

Last edited:

leolady

I think that what some of us is feeling here is not as much anger as it is pain. It hurts when someone does not want you for whatever reason it is -- right or wrong.

I know I felt the same way when I was banned from a site before, even though I knew I had done nothing wrong. But online sites ARE private property in a way, and people who own them are not always perfect and fair.

It is like a club whose members you have come to love and trust who suddenly push you out the door at gunpoint and tell you to never come back. You may not have had time to say goodbye, or exchange addresses with your friends or even really to know or process your grief and sense of loss. And there is true grief and loss experienced when you are suddenly severed from meaningful relationships.

These issues make the separation so bitter, just like when you get a divorce. To transition with the least disruption to everyone it is necessary to keep the good things about the relationship in mind, rather than obsessing about the bad. JMHO

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I think that what some of us is feeling here is not as much anger as it is pain. It hurts when someone does not want you for whatever reason it is -- right or wrong.

I know I felt the same way when I was banned from a site before, even though I knew I had done nothing wrong. But online sites ARE private property in a way, and people who own them are not always perfect and fair.

It is like a club whose members you have come to love and trust who suddenly push you out the door at gunpoint and tell you to never come back. You may not have had time to say goodbye, or exchange addresses with your friends or even really to know or process your grief and sense of loss. And there is true grief and loss experienced when you are suddenly severed from meaningful relationships.

These issues make the separation so bitter, just like when you get a divorce. To transition with the least disruption to everyone it is necessary to keep the good things about the relationship in mind, rather than obsessing about the bad. JMHO

I totally agree! Very well said! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.