Did anybody catch the Mod Whine fest over on DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I think it was two bad apples. I had a different problem with a different moderator and the two in question saw the same issue differently and still did nothing.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I don't see it as stomping out but rather making a political statement. A virtual protest.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
We are lots of fun, aren't we? Plus we have a wonderful bunch of mods that everyone knows and loves so it should remain a wonderful place to be for a long time to come.

The Tourist

Banned
In all seriousness, I've seen this type of thing before. It usually involves guys who were always picked last in softball. Perennial outsiders. One too many swirlies.

The problem is that these guys grow up with the same little boy chip on their shoulders. They see a guy on a motorcycle having too much fun, and the next thing you know Little Lord Fauntleroy is passing around petitions for a helmet law.

Same deal here. The guys "breaking the rules" were the same fun bunch telling insider jokes and trying to have a good time. I know, I was one of them over there.

One moderator actually tried to scare me with their own brand of "double secet probation." It's called 'moderation.' In reality, it means the guy reads your mail to see if you're talking about him. Granted, I was...

I'd get these long-winded 2:00AM PMs about his authority. Kind of reminded me of the president of the chess club giving me the stink-eye for getting to second base with his girl friend.

So now he puts his widdle foot down and threatens folks with limited editing times to "show us who's boss." Yikes. I feel like holding him down, printing an "L" on his forehead with a magic marker, making him take off his pants and then tossing him into the girls' locker room.

And that's my point. If he can finally get even with us cool kids for high school, he can reclaim his nuts from lost-and-found. Yes, these guys grow up, and some become the Little Corporals of the marching band bake sale.

I don't get all of it, I must admit. I was out getting laid.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL Tourist!! Myself, I don't go over there or follow links to them. No sense in it, they can say whatever they want it is their forum, I am content that I know the truth and I don't need affirmation from anyone else of that. It is enough that I know and that is what is important.

The Tourist

Banned
LOL Tourist!! Myself, I don't go over there or follow links to them.

I was a member over there first. Sattie told me about NC.

A few years ago I decided to shift the bulk of my business to kitchen knives. I began to peruse the kitchen sections of sharpening forums, and then decided to talk to food hobbyists and chefs. I became a member of DC.

If it sounds innocent, it was.

Then one night I got a hell-be-gone PM from one of their mods. And someone else wrote to me warning me about him. That threw the gaunlet.

Oh, that was like a red flag to a bull. I made sure I tweaked him first thing everyday I rolled out of bed.

He would have been better off in the long run if he would have just kept his yap shut.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
LOL Tourist!! Myself, I don't go over there or follow links to them. No sense in it, they can say whatever they want it is their forum, I am content that I know the truth and I don't need affirmation from anyone else of that. It is enough that I know and that is what is important.

Well said!! :clap:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't go there anymore either because this place is a better fit for me and besides, all of my friends are here! Lots of the people here are folks that they banned anyway so what difference does it make to them where those people go? I like many people that are still over there and I'm glad that place exists. Some people prefer a very strictly moderated forum and would never be comfortable in a place like this that encourages a greater degree of self-moderation and tolerance for our individual differences. As far as I can see, the net is plenty big enough for lots of forums.

The Tourist

Banned
Some people prefer a very strictly moderated forum.

Yes, I know that. And some folks prefer those "Big Brother" cameras in public areas because they feel safer.

I don't understand the mentality. You have this beautiful country of freedom and opportunity. A land without kings, where we are citizens and not subjects.

So what do some people do? They seek out a rigid environment where the rules are harsh and pasty white boys crack whips out of spite.

Yikes, I do not understand why everyone in this country doesn't own a motorcycle and banjo. Have some fun. Life is short.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Uh..... I been bugging DW about gettin a motorcycle... think I almost have her talked into it!!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I don't go there anymore either because this place is a better fit for me and besides, all of my friends are here! Lots of the people here are folks that they banned anyway so what difference does it make to them where those people go? I like many people that are still over there and I'm glad that place exists. Some people prefer a very strictly moderated forum and would never be comfortable in a place like this that encourages a greater degree of self-moderation and tolerance for our individual differences. As far as I can see, the net is plenty big enough for lots of forums.

"self-moderation and tolerance"

Therein lies the key to NCT success. Adults know how to take care of themselves and others with respect regarding individual differences.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yes, I know that. And some folks prefer those "Big Brother" cameras in public areas because they feel safer.

I don't understand the mentality. You have this beautiful country of freedom and opportunity. A land without kings, where we are citizens and not subjects.

So what do some people do? They seek out a rigid environment where the rules are harsh and pasty white boys crack whips out of spite.

Yikes, I do not understand why everyone in this country doesn't own a motorcycle and banjo. Have some fun. Life is short.
Oh, I'm with you, Tourist! I'm definitely one of those folks that live "on the fringe". That's why it's better to have those stricter, safer places for the people that want that. Then the rest of us can run around nekked screaming WooHoo at the top of our lungs!:biggrin:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I'm with you, Tourist! I'm definitely one of those folks that live "on the fringe". That's why it's better to have those stricter, safer places for the people that want that. Then the rest of us can run around nekked screaming WooHoo at the top of our lungs!:biggrin:

WooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo! :yum: :yum:

leolady

800px-1982_Honda_Express.jpg

:motorcycle::motorcycle::motorcycle::motorcycle:

It's built by HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

PanchoHambre

hmmm I just noticed that my name no longer says "banned" under it if you look at my posts... yet I don't show up in the user list..... whitewash!

Listening to all the D/C stories, I feel so unworthy. I never made it to the 'Big League'. All I ever got was a couple of Stern "You Better Not Do That Again" Emails.

I will say this, when I was first on there and saw BANNED under several of your names, I thought that was just some self-deprecating humor .... I had no idea it was Serious !!!

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I had to do a bit of jail time, some public service, pay a fine, but I made it through!

Status
Not open for further replies.