Another "chef" in the family?

Ian M.

Yep, our duo is going to become a trio around Thanksgiving time and we're considering names. As we don't know what it's about to be quite yet - we should know in the very near future but actually, neither one of us absolutely wants to spoil the surprise. The names we're stuck on are Kieran Peter for a son and Niamh Mary for a daughter. What do you think?

Ian

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Ian. :clap: :clap: :clap:
That is great news. :biggrin:

We recently found out that our son and his wife are expecting. Due date is 12/2, very close to yours. This will be their 1st also. :biggrin:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations to Ian, Fallon, Doc and families!!

Ian, I think you should name a baby something that he/she doesn't have to spell out every single time he/she states the name.

"Lee" works well for either gender, that way. :wink:

Lee

P.S. I love the name "Mary", BTW.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, is this you first grand baby? Congratulations to you and the family. CF
Thanks CF.

Nope, this is my 4th grand baby. :eek: Even I'm surprised.

We have two daughters, one has had one granddaughter for us, and the other has two granddaughters. We'll know in July if it's another grand daughter or our 1st grand son. They are having a party to announce the sex of the baby. The doctor's office will know but not tell them (the parents). The doctors office will call my daughter in laws grandma and tell her. She is in charge of making the cake for the party and she will color the inside of the cake with either blue or pink depending on what the baby is. Should be fun. I've never heard of these kind of partys but sure seems like a grand idea. :thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Congratulations Ian, Fallon and Doc!!!! :clap:

Those are beautiful names! Mine is a common name (Kathy) and I always hated it when I was a kid because whenever someone would call my name, 4 or 5 people would respond :lol: I don't think your son/daughter will have that problem.

Ian M.

Congratulations to Ian, Fallon, Doc and families!!

Ian, I think you should name a baby something that he/she doesn't have to spell out every single time he/she states the name.

"Lee" works well for either gender, that way. :wink:

Lee

P.S. I love the name "Mary", BTW.

Lee, the names we've chosen, so far, are very Irish names. Maybe we'll have to move to "Southie" so our kid won't have to spell it out? Or we could name a son Guido and live in the North End. Seriously, both the names we like are family names in Fallon's family and have a certain historical value to us. And we like the name Mary, too. Also, the name Peter. Therein may lie the answer to any possible problem Junior would have with misspellings or mispronounciations of his/her name. If we pick Lee for either gender would you (our favorite Lee) come to the chistening?
Please?

My folks (and my brothers and I) had to live for the last 30 years with what Mum and Da decided to name the three of us.....they gave us all the same name....in three different languages! John, Sean and Ian. English, Irish and Scottish. Most people never do catch it but those who ever have make life so much fun for us you just wouldn't believe!

Ian :good:

Ian M.

Congratulations Doc! And I'm as gobsmacked by your announcement as anyone. I had a mental image of you as being somewhere around my age. A grandpa never entered my mind! And a four-time winner at that! Hope you get your grandsom this time but girls are wonderful, too. I'll be happy with either one. My 6-year-old nephew/Godson is kind of holding out for a puppy.............................

Ian

Hi guys - I just woke up from my evening snooze and before I head for bed for a sound night's sleep I just wanted to say Congratulations to Doc on your pending new grandchild. That's super! Like you, I've never heard of a baby-gender party like that but it sounds neat. Especially having a cake with either a pink or blue cake inside the outside frosting. That's the most clever thing I think I've ever heard of. You'll all have so much fun.

As far as names go, there are literally tons of Gaelic names in both our families and Irish and English names as well. I simply refuse to name any child of mine either Prunella or Nigel but there are loads of Mollys and Kathleens (my late mother-in-law was named Kathleen and I love it) and even a Siobahn and for a son there are several Michaels, a number of Seans, Patricks (or Padrig in the old Irish) a Seamus and a couple of Connors and Kevins....so we shouldn't have any problem with running out of ideas. But, as Mama mentioned, we don't want a name that everyone else already has but rather something just different enough to be unique.

Ian has an aunt who has three daughters named Maureen, Noreen and Doreen and believe it or not, they aren't triplets. As I said, we have no little in the way of possibilities.

Fallon :biggrin:

Leni

Congratulations to all. I've always liked my name because it is different. Mom was in a class where there were six answers if the teacher said Betty. She was determined that her children have different names.

Leni is German and is pronounced Lay-nee. You would not believe how many different spellings I get. I just automatically spell my name for people when needed. Then of course I have to explain its origin.