Rants and Raves thread

cookingirl

ok, here's my rant
Yesterday, at work, I really had to bring attention to the doctors about my patient's partner, whom I got a really strong feel that he was about to beat her 3 yr old boy...
I kept my mouth shut in the room while I was scanning, and heard him viciously yell at the boy, roughly pulling him, and threaten to punish him 'tonight'.
He Took the kid out, with the stroller, boy wanted to stay with mom, kept coming into room, getting pulled out; and through the closed door, I heard him say "Don't make me get the belt out tonight", and then "I'm gonna get the belt out tonight"......My co worker heard the same..and told the SW..
I told the docs and they heard the commotion, not the words and were discussing whether or not to call the social worker.. What I said made then do it.. He left with the boy, cuz he had to get the other kids from school..I was afraid for the little boy..Turns out the SW knows them; she came down and spoke to the mother who denied any abuse or belt..She is alerting the kids pediatrician to this...
Both of these 'parent's have 8 kids a piece! total of 16!! and she only admits to 4! Hope they take these away from her! And the dirty, filthy smell to all of them--had to decontaminate the ultrasound room!

That is all I could think about all night..and then the poor little boy in Maine....
And I am now worried that these 'people' may come after me and beat or knife me! I know I did the right thing, but...
ok it is my rant, but more like a story....
I really needed a drink as soon as I got home! :margarita:

:shitHitsFan: sorry for venting, had to..why is it that I had to say something, why didn't others??? --another rant---:neutral:

cyn

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
ok, here's my rant
Yesterday, at work, I really had to bring attention to the doctors about my patient's partner, whom I got a really strong feel that he was about to beat her 3 yr old boy...
I kept my mouth shut in the room while I was scanning, and heard him viciously yell at the boy, roughly pulling him, and threaten to punish him 'tonight'.
He Took the kid out, with the stroller, boy wanted to stay with mom, kept coming into room, getting pulled out; and through the closed door, I heard him say "Don't make me get the belt out tonight", and then "I'm gonna get the belt out tonight"......My co worker heard the same..and told the SW..
I told the docs and they heard the commotion, not the words and were discussing whether or not to call the social worker.. What I said made then do it.. He left with the boy, cuz he had to get the other kids from school..I was afraid for the little boy..Turns out the SW knows them; she came down and spoke to the mother who denied any abuse or belt..She is alerting the kids pediatrician to this...
Both of these 'parent's have 8 kids a piece! total of 16!! and she only admits to 4! Hope they take these away from her! And the dirty, filthy smell to all of them--had to decontaminate the ultrasound room!

That is all I could think about all night..and then the poor little boy in Maine....
And I am now worried that these 'people' may come after me and beat or knife me! I know I did the right thing, but...
ok it is my rant, but more like a story....
I really needed a drink as soon as I got home! :margarita:

:shitHitsFan: sorry for venting, had to..why is it that I had to say something, why didn't others??? --another rant---:neutral:

cyn
OH CG You did the right thing!! BTW THIS IS the place to vent don't be sorry!!

Leni

I totally agree. I can't understand people who do not want to get involved. That little boy cannot defend himself. If someone doesn't say something he could easily end up like that boy in Maine.

Carolina Cooking

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I didn't "hear" a thing!! :kiss: :yum: We also have better smilies!! ROTFL

also looks like 'someone' is lurking here. Did you notice the new areas to post in.
Healthy Food. Diet Food. Cooking for One. Cheap Cooking.( I would have called that Frugal Eats like I asked for when I was there)

Funny all those areas where told NO we don't don't them.When folks asked for them.

Humm maybe active members are not to interesed..OR have moved on..:tongue:
Seems someone has noticed..

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Carolina for the reminder.
I have created Cooking for One and a new Frugal Eats forum. Enjoy!!!! :D

I need a better by line for the Frugal Eats forum. Suggestions anyone?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just checked, we didn't have a Healthy Food type of forum so now we have a Health Food Forum "Stuff That is Good for You". :D
I hope you all will populate it for me.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
also looks like 'someone' is lurking here. Did you notice the new areas to post in.
Healthy Food. Diet Food. Cooking for One. Cheap Cooking.( I would have called that Frugal Eats like I asked for when I was there)

Funny all those areas where told NO we don't don't them.When folks asked for them.

Humm maybe active members are not to interesed..OR have moved on..:tongue:
Seems someone has noticed..

Yes I NOTICED!

Thanks Carolina for the reminder.
I have created Cooking for One and a new Frugal Eats forum. Enjoy!!!! :D

I need a better by line for the Frugal Eats forum. Suggestions anyone?
You want a synonym for frugal?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, I like the word Frugal. I wanted to replace my byline phrase. See my first post in the Frugal Eats Forum

cookingirl

How about 'borrowing' from Alton Brown--
Good Eats, Cheap ??:blob_blue:
or frugal? or inexpensive? or
Money Saving Good Eats??

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WHY CAN'T I BAKE A BEAUTIFUL LOAF OF BREAD!!!!!! I want to make a light, airy loaf of wheat or multi grain bread....is it too much to ask?....BTW....That's a rhetorical question :lol: I just needed to get it out of my system.

Phiddlechik

You are welcome! It just made sense to me. Because frugal doesn't always mean cheap or even inexpensive. It could mean taking an expensive ingredient, and treating it with respect, and having it go a long way... like instead of eating a lobster tail as is, taking that same tail and making ravioli with it, more servings per tail.

cookingirl

Rant--
Woke up today and it was fogy, dark--muggy----yuk:sad:

Rave:
The SUN came out--it is bright, sunny, warmish!! yay!:encore:

Carolina Cooking

WHY CAN'T I BAKE A BEAUTIFUL LOAF OF BREAD!!!!!! I want to make a light, airy loaf of wheat or multi grain bread....is it too much to ask?....BTW....That's a rhetorical question :lol: I just needed to get it out of my system.

I just spent some time on Food.com. Tons of BM recipes.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
horray 4 u CG! looks like we maybe got some sunshine 'goin on, here, too. haven't checked the weather yet to see if i need a cardigan or a hoodie or if sandals 'n a tank'll work for today~!
i wait till the mail-guy arrives or to get dinner 4 that usually, 'cept my Mom may well be by @ some point. time to hide the feline-fur dust bunnies that i may've not've swept away yet, scrub the dishes, plus the walls, & then my my gals' room, sweep,fuind my mr clean & get to washing my floors & yet get a batch of a food she likes on. maybe comet here & there, on the sinks & in shower/tub. hm. get some sandalwood 'goin. change, maybe. okay. i'm making me sleepy, hehe. enough. the feines can clean for me today???????????????????????????

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I just checked, we didn't have a Healthy Food type of forum so now we have a Health Food Forum "Stuff That is Good for You". :D
I hope you all will populate it for me.

erm, on a side noteage: a kitty-cat requires, huh, maybe 12, 20 postage stamps? jus sayin.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

I hear you, Mama! I'm in the same boat. I can cook up a storm, and by baking s usually great. But I just can't make a decent loaf of bread by hand. I've been trying of 30 or 40 years, and I just can't get it right. I consider myself 'yeast challenged'. I'm told that so much of bread making is in the "feel" of the dough, not just the recipe. Maybe we just don't understand what that "feel" really is.

Maybe you and I can find a nice cozy kitchen, and kidnap JoeV. We won't agree to release him until he gives up all his secrets.