Cooking without alcohol...

suziquzie

Dang this is HARD!!!!
I always have a drink or 2 when cooking. I'm trying to stop that. It's alot of extra calories and I was starting to worry it was a habit.
I think it may be cuz WOW I am about to load up the family truckster for a run to the LQ...... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

homecook

I guess I'm safe then........no one has complained about the food yet. But then again I haven't cooked in the past week. How about you suzi???????????

Barb

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
When you are cooking does the amount of alcohol you consume have any relation to the amount you are adding to the dish you are preparing?

I'm thinking of Justin Wilson again. I've seen him add wine, take a sip, then another sip, and finish up by pouring most of the bottle in the stock pot. :mrgreen:

Locutus

When you are cooking does the amount of alcohol you consume have any relation to the amount you are adding to the dish you are preparing?

I'm thinking of Justin Wilson again. I've seen him add wine, take a sip, then another sip, and finish up by pouring most of the bottle in the stock pot. :mrgreen:

Justin was really a hoot! :wink:

High Cheese

Saucier
Dang this is HARD!!!!
I always have a drink or 2 when cooking. I'm trying to stop that. It's alot of extra calories and I was starting to worry it was a habit.
I think it may be cuz WOW I am about to load up the family truckster for a run to the LQ...... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I always have a couple drinks or glasses of wine while I'm cooking. It get's my Mojo going.

However, if you feel concerned that it becomes a habit for you, then do what you feel is best. :thumb:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Myself I am never tempted, but then I can't generally have alcohol. My personal opinion is be wary of anything that becomes a habit, they are hard to break.

PanchoHambre

Dang this is HARD!!!!

LOL well I like to have a drink while i'm cooking too.... sometimes loose track of the meal though.... there is a bar with takeout a block away so its dangerous because they have long hours and are within stumblin distance...

Love2"Q"

i always have a few(6 is a few right ) when i am cooking ...
is it a habit .. more than likely ..
and i am a-o-k with that ...

Rusty Shackleford

Formerly known as 1 bourbon 1 scotch & 1 beer
wow. couldnt imagin it. anytime im cooking, theres always a beer in hand. or no more than an arms length away.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
When one bakes and drinks one risks serious burns. I never felt the two went hand in hand. One has to watch what one is baking too closely. (I speak from experience, too)

Lefty

Yank
I like to have some beer when I'm cooking chili from scrath. Beside that I hardly drink at home.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Have you ever watched any of Keith Floyds cooking shows, now there was a man who liked a drink while he was cooking (and not much into the dish!!)

GrantsKat

I think beer would go better with Wheaties.... or Cherios....:alc:

Save the brandy for the granola cereals!:clap:

Oh yeah!! a little granola with dried cranberries.....hmm the brandy would reconstitute them nicely!!!:shock::smile:

Ok maybe not such a good idea....we may have to call you suziWOOZIE.....

Last edited: