Seafood sauce

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Help! Can anyone recommend a dipping sauce recipe for crab cakes? I had one years ago and lost it. It was like a bernaisse (sp?) but without the tarragon...Any recommendations? :unsure:

buckytom

Grill Master
if nothing else, you can always chop some pickles into mayo for a quick tartar sauce, or add some grated horseradish and lemon juice to ketchup for cocktail sauce.

High Cheese

Saucier
Aioli?

....a red pepper sauce might be nice. Red Pepper Jus. Basically sautee some shallot or onion in olive oil, add a little garlic, deglaze with white wine, add some chopped roasted red peppers, sautee a bit more, blend and run through a seive (or leave it as-is from the blender. Season.

Last edited:

GotGarlic

A remoulade would be nice with that. Add 1 tbsp. each minced onion, celery, fresh parsley, and fresh ginger, and mix with 1 cup mayo and 2 tbsp. ketchup. Yummy! I love this with salmon, too, and it makes a great seafood salad dressing.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
RM, heating Philly cream cheese with chives and onion-- and some dry white wine is really good over crab cakes.

It's good with shrimp and frozen peas served on toast points or biscuits too.

By the way, I think this recipe for a creamy sauce sounds lovely, but then again, I LOVE tarragon :)

1 c plain yogurt
1/4 c chopped green onions
1 T minced fresh tarragon
1 T mayonnaise
2 t lime juice
1/2 t hot pepper sauce
Combine and serve.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
OMG, these all sound fantastic! Now the difficulty is which one to try tonight, lol.
Thank you everyone!! :)