Cheese Question

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It really depends on the cheese, and in what form it's in. I've frozen solid mozzarella (not the fresh kind) and it defrosts pretty fine. I've frozen shredded mozz and don't care for the way it browns on pizza after defrosting.

Solid cheddar or shredded seems to have little problems. Solid Swiss - no problem.

Cream cheese can be problematic.

Can you be more specific?

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
It really depends on the cheese, and in what form it's in. I've frozen solid mozzarella (not the fresh kind) and it defrosts pretty fine. I've frozen shredded mozz and don't care for the way it browns on pizza after defrosting.

Solid cheddar or shredded seems to have little problems. Solid Swiss - no problem.

Cream cheese can be problematic.

Can you be more specific?

I've got a 2lb block of cheddar, a 1lb block of English cheddar, gouda, and fontina

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Do you have a FoodSaver, or some other brand of vacuum sealer, RM?

Your cheese will keep for a LONG time, if you vacuum seal it and keep it in the fridge.

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Go ahead and freeze them. Should be fine. Once you defrost them, though, be prepared to use them.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Thank you Qsis & Vera!
Q - I've been wanting a Food Saver for quite a while now. I'm hoping I get one for my birthday, lol :wink:

Vera - Thank you for your input. Now I know I can buy in bulk and not have to worry about spoilage before the cheese is used :)