The most unusual thing?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
What's the most unusual thing you ever cooked? It doesn't have to be weird (like Cambodian stinging ant salad), but it could be --- or just something out of the ordinary and unusual to your regular comfort zone.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It would probably have to be oxtails. If cooked right, they're really good :brows:. Escargot is another "sort of" unusual that we used to have for special occasions, but haven't done those in a while. Marinated blue crab claws (crab fingers) are another favorite that might be considered a little unusual too. I love those little things, but again only do them for special occasions because of the $$$.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
When I'm at my FL place I make conch chowder once or twice a month. DW isn't particularly fond of it so I wind up with enough to last for several days.

loboloco

I used to can green beans in a vinegar based mixture. surprisingly good. Still have some in jars abt 15 yrs old. Anybody want to try them?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'd have to say alligator is about the weirdest thing I've personally cooked.

lilylove

Bear is wonderful... I don't think it's strange though at least not in our house. :) :) AND it's almost hunting season!!! :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Bear is wonderful... I don't think it's strange though at least not in our house. :) :) AND it's almost hunting season!!! :)

I wouldn't say strange so much as unusual or "rare". I'd LOVE to try it, but it's practically impossible to find. Are you taking orders this year???? :lol:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Have wait to see if hubby gets one. If he does YOU are invited for dinner! I'll make a stew.

Done! Sounds so wonderful! I'll buy the ammo or arrows or rabbit's foot or four leaf clover or whatever it takes if that helps! :biggrin:

Does he bow hunt or use a gun?

lilylove

Done! Sounds so wonderful! I'll buy the ammo or arrows or rabbit's foot or four leaf clover or whatever it takes if that helps! :biggrin:

Does he bow hunt or use a gun?
He does both but I think this year he's going to use the bow only.
:)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
peanutbutter/pickle sammiches although uncooked. love them! or peanutbutter & bacon!
we made bacon & pastrami & that sort of food in Chef's class & mousses, galantines & those took days so the aspic could gel in various layers; & terrines....... intricate, detailed processes, charcuterie items during that class were the kind of food i love. french food is a 2nd love for me. seafood sausages & buffalo chix sausages, deconstructed chix formed into a different shape & stuffed & plastic-wrapped & poached. i was so enthralled & fascinated by these foods & i would love making them here 'cept the equipment used for many of those foods is too expensive for me.....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Luvs, I like grilled peanut butter and bacon sannies.
Also peanut butter and tomato sandwiches.. good eats on da cheap! lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that contrast is great; slight sugary, a less-than-overwhelming textural differentation after the bacon.

High Cheese

Saucier
I think these are weird. No exotic ingredients, just different composition.

Duck Sushi

IMG_6427.jpg

Lobster and Egg Ravioli

LobstaRavioli006.jpg

Ichiban stuffed with Cherry Tomato Confit and Parmesan (Eggplant Parm, Sushi Style)

EggplantRoll003.jpg

Lobster and Asparagus

Lobster009.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Honestly, HC, your food photos are truly spectacular!!

Lee