Help! I have bees in my eaves!

buckytom

Grill Master
irish people use large wooden coat or boot brushes. well, just the threat of the backside of the brush meeting your backside with great acceleration was good enough to get us in line.

i can't recall my dad ever actually using it on any me or any of my siblings (there's 6 of us).

mom, on the other hand, had a way of grabbing you by the ear or forearm and doing this twisting, indian burn thing, often causing you to levitate. it was a kind of painful, religious experience.

homecook

irish people use large wooden coat or boot brushes. well, just the threat of the backside of the brush meeting your backside with great acceleration was good enough to get us in line.

i can't recall my dad ever actually using it on any me or any of my siblings (there's 6 of us).

mom, on the other hand, had a way of grabbing you by the ear or forearm and doing this twisting, indian burn thing, often causing you to levitate. it was a kind of painful, religious experience.

OMG!!! Bucky, we had the same mother!!! :ohmy:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I have bees nesting in one corner of my house in the eaves down here at the coast. They used to live in the crotch of my neighbor's tree, but the tree got hit by lightning and split so they moved to my house last year. DH got the bright idea to vacuum them out into a shop vac that he has sprayed liberally with insecticide. He taped a long piece of PVC to the end of the hose and it actually kinds worked! That was last year. Apparently, he didn't get them all and they are kinda pissed off this year. He tried it again and got stung a lot! Also, they trapped us in the house for hours by swarming around the front door! I'm thinking I will need to call a professional, but I thought I'd check with y'all first. Anybody had any luck getting rid of honeybees from their eaves?
OK Terry Where are you?- We haven't seen you in 2 days.
I hope them Bee's didn't get ya's:excl:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
my italian mom used it for cooking and discipline! and i swear that dam thing could go around corners!!

My grandmother used to make us go pick a switch. I thought I was being smart one day and picked up a dead, half rotten stick up off the ground. One swing and it broke. I thought it was over.

Nope. She went out and picked the mother of all king switches. It must have been 6 feet long and was as pliant as braided leather. Damn thing would actually wrap around your legs like Indiana Jones’ whip! From that day forward, I always picked good switches that would last……SMALL ones, but they never broke again! :lol:

Mom on the other hand would just go after you with whatever was in her hands at the moment you drove her kicking and screaming over the edge of tolerance. Pot, pan, hairbrush, remote control, it didn’t matter. If it was in her hand when you went too far, it was the tool of the moment. :lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OK Terry Where are you?- We haven't seen you in 2 days.
I hope them Bee's didn't get ya's:excl:
LOL! No, they haven't gotten me.....yet. I've been so busy relaxing with my little boy that I haven't done anything to my winged guests. I'm thinking I'll get around to it Monday.

smoke king

Banned
Bees in your eaves? In my day, that was a good thing!!

Wait a minute, maybe I'm thinking of the "bees knees"...............

Never mind.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG - that's exactly what they look like! Sadly, Fisher thinks so too, so mine are long gone.

buckytom

Grill Master
i had quite a collection growing up with 4 sisters.

i could have really messed up a styrofoam bad guy with mine.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
4 sisters??? That must have been a trip! I only had one brother - an Irish twin 11 months younger. So I wanted a big family as a result. And now none of my kids have any kids.

Hey - you only have one kid, too, right? I wonder if there's a connection?

Biskit

4 sisters??? That must have been a trip! I only had one brother - an Irish twin 11 months younger. So I wanted a big family as a result. And now none of my kids have any kids.

Hey - you only have one kid, too, right? I wonder if there's a connection?

Yeah, just one "connection", hence, one kid!
:whistling: