Saturday, 1/15/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it's going to be smoked pork chops, mashed taters and baby spinach in some form.

Any plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wow Peepsie...you don't waste any time :lol: I have no idea and probably won't until sometime after the sun comes up.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I try to plan a few days at a time. Smoked pork chops are on sale this week so I picked a package of 4 up.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's going up on 3am here lol

Lemme see... either my beef and veg soup, just so you all can see what it looks like, or the shrimp thing for Cuba, or.. I might just use the remains of the rotisserie chick and have a sandwich and mac and cheese.

Got 3 days off and I am so looking forward to cooking.

Oh and yeah, I feel ok.
Seems the bad bug threat is turning out to be a case of the classic simple cold virus.
Sniffles and the throat scratch, no temp.

Back to the 3rd hot toddy.:brows::alc::cool:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
great that illness has eluded 'ya, lollie!~
as 4 dinner, may well be meatloaf; though i'm considering a chix burger, too. veggies. i have stale french loaf 2 be made into crumbs & many eggs, so i'll figure this evening~ a poached egg w/ either of them; (though i may fry that. i make those very often, though). i'll snooze on that one. i have yet 2 ingest food 4 this friday 'cept 4 candy & a bottle of ensure as i was zonked until 4:30-ish!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It's going up on 3am here lol

Lemme see... either my beef and veg soup, just so you all can see what it looks like, or the shrimp thing for Cuba, or.. I might just use the remains of the rotisserie chick and have a sandwich and mac and cheese.

Got 3 days off and I am so looking forward to cooking.

Oh and yeah, I feel ok.
Seems the bad bug threat is turning out to be a case of the classic simple cold virus.
Sniffles and the throat scratch, no temp.

Back to the 3rd hot toddy.:brows::alc::cool:
Glad ya "only" have a cold but they aren't any fun either. I hate having to cook without being able to smell or taste. Especially when I make a pot of chicken soup!! I can't tell if it's yummy or not!! LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Glad ya "only" have a cold but they aren't any fun either. I hate having to cook without being able to smell or taste. Especially when I make a pot of chicken soup!! I can't tell if it's yummy or not!! LOL

I am hoping by the time I get around to cooking whatever tomorrow, I'll be able to smell and taste it.
If not, I'll eat it anyway.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breakfast was my version of McDonald’s new breakfast oatmeal.
Maypo with chopped red & green apples, raisins, craisins, drizzle of sugar free maple syrup and a splash of 1/2 & 1/2.

011511_maypo_apples.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've decided I should use up the rest of my store bought chickie, so I'll make a big sandwich using shredded rotisserie chicken, jack cheese, bacon,onion and mayo on a King's Hawaiian sandwich roll.
May have tomato soup with it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Smithfield Smoked pork chop, mashed taters and steamed frozen spinach.
I won’t be buying these chops again. They lacked something ..... maybe flavor!!

011511_smoked_pork_chop.jpg

mhend

Your dinner looks yummy, Peeps!

I took a break from packing and organizing and finally cooked a real dinner. We had shrimp and sausage filé gumbo. This was DH's plate. He likes less of the "soup" part and more of the meat and rice parts. Mine had lots of the soup part, but I didn't get a photo of that one. :)

Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo (2).jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mary and Sass.

Nice dinners you two!!

Mary - That looks yummy. I'm not a big shrimp person (I am short though LOL) BUT that looks really good. Nice pic. What kind of sausage is that?

Sass - I really want a grilled cheese and some soup now! LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps, I should have had a grilled cheese.
That sannie was too much, but it was good.

mhend

Thank you Mary and Sass.

Nice dinners you two!!

Mary - That looks yummy. I'm not a big shrimp person (I am short though LOL) BUT that looks really good. Nice pic. What kind of sausage is that?

Sass - I really want a grilled cheese and some soup now! LOL

Thanks, Peeps, I'm not a shrimp person either. I love the taste, but hate the texture. I pick all the shrimp out of mine. LOL. The sausage is just a smoked sausage from a producer in South Alabama that the Publix in my neighborhood sells. I think it's called Conecuh Smoked Sausage. It has a ton of hickory smoke flavor, but not too much. It's my favorite.

Thanks Sass! Your dinner looks delicious too. That soup and sandwich looks perfect. :flowers:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Snowday w/ DD! Great Day in the Sierra's.
On the way home we have a favorite Taco Stand.
Myself, I think they make the best Shredded Beef Burrito
In the world. If you all around Sacramento. TOMBOYS! YUM.
HERE IS CRYSTAL MY dd.
063.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter

I took a break from packing and organizing and finally cooked a real dinner. We had shrimp and sausage filé gumbo. This was DH's plate. He likes less of the "soup" part and more of the meat and rice parts. Mine had lots of the soup part, but I didn't get a photo of that one. :)

View attachment 9957
Mhend- It was close, but your dinner tonight has my vote over Peeps breakfast. ( It really looks great. Good Job)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mhend- It was close, but your dinner tonight has my vote over Peeps breakfast. ( It really looks great. Good Job)
Did you see my dinner? LOL But I agree Mary's gumbo looks awesome!!

Your girl is a beautiful young woman Dan!!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Did you see my dinner? LOL But I agree Mary's gumbo looks awesome!!

Your girl is a beautiful young woman Dan!!
LOL-Peeps your dinner was beautiful, but I sure could not of made a joke about that!
Crystal is a senior in HS this year, but takes a couple classes at the college I go to also (Music Major)
I bought her Contacts, but she still likes the nerdy look from her glasses.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL-Peeps your dinner was beautiful, but I sure could not of made a joke about that!
Crystal is a senior in HS this year, but takes a couple classes at the college I go to also (Music Major)
I bought her Contacts, but she still likes the nerdy look from her glasses.
LOL

My girl wears glasses also.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

View attachment 9957

Oh My! I'm a gumbo lover...any type, any time...this looks fabulous.

buckytom

Grill Master
no cooking last night. we went out for korean bbq at so moonan jip in palisades park, nj.

the three of us shared bulgogi (marinated beef) and saewoo gui (marinated shrimp), eel hand rolls, and of course banchan.

this was the first time that we've ever eaten there that the food and service wasn't top notch. the eel hand rolls were mostly avocado with a small piece of burnt eel (resembling salmon skin but not as good) within it. at $7 a pop, i wasn't happy.
and the waitresses, who normally appear jacked up on speed they work so hard, didn't replace any of the banchan until we had to wait and then ask twice.

ieverything else was still so good, though, that they got a %15 tip. you know a place is good that relatively poor service still gets a good tip.

GotGarlic

No cooking here last night, either. I went to a baby shower in the afternoon and there was lots of food, so I wasn't hungry. DH had a plate of cheese and crackers for dinner.