Incredible Chicken

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Quick and easy. :thumb: This whole dish takes less than 30 minutes, is beautiful, and tastes incredible.

4 skinless chicken breast fillets
12 slices hickory bacon strips
4 medium portabella mushrooms
1 large white onion
sea salt
1 bundle fresh leaf spinach
4 cloves fresh garlic
4 thick slices cheddar cheese4 slices toasted French bread

Cook slices of bacon in large skillet on medium to high heat, until crispy. Remove bacon strips, drain on paper towel and set aside. Cook chicken in bacon drippings on medium heat, until golden brown. Remove, drain on paper towel and set aside. Slice onion, garlic cloves, and portabella mushrooms. Cook together in bacon drippings, on medium to high heat, until tender and caramel in color. Remove and set aside in bowl.

In same skillet, arrange cooked chicken breast, salt to taste, topping with 2 slices cooked bacon on each breast. Pile the onion, garlic and mushrooms on top. Add the bunch of fresh spinach, covering the entire pan of chicken arrangement. Place lid on top of skillet and steep on low heat until spinach is limp, but still bright in color. Remove lid. Add 1 slice cheddar cheese for each chicken breast, replace lid until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.

Using spatulla, place each individual chicken breast on top of toasted french bread on each serving plate. Crush remaining bacon strips and sprinkle on top of each breast. Serve hot with a side salad or cold pasta/veggie dish.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang, that sounds GREAT Chef Sushi! I look forward to trying it.
Thanks!!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dang, that sounds GREAT Chef Sushi! I look forward to trying it.
Thanks!!!!!

a-HA!!!! So Giant M. IS Deadly Sushi! Long time, no see! :wink:

Lee

P.S. That chicken dish looks fantastic! Will copy for my files when I get home. Thanks!

smoke king

Banned
a-HA!!!! So Giant M. IS Deadly Sushi! Long time, no see! :wink:

Wow-The Deadly Sushi? I came along to that "other" food board after you were gone-all that was left were urban legends....:lol:

Its a pleasure to meet you....and that chicken sounds great!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I get so confused when people change screen names.

I've been QSis on all forums since 1998. But, so far (knock on wood), I've never had a worry about anyone stalking or trying to find me.

I will try to remember the new names of the personalities I met elsewhere.

Lee

babe

I get so confused when people change screen names.

I've been QSis on all forums since 1998. But, so far (knock on wood), I've never had a worry about anyone stalking or trying to find me.

I will try to remember the new names of the personalities I met e

Lee

finally made in Qsis
babe:clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made the chicken tonight, Giant M! Delicious!

I had 6 chicken breasts (not filets), so it took about an hour to do the whole thing. I put the pan under the broiler to melt the cheese, and I put ALL of the crispy bacon on top at the end, so it wouldn't get soggy.

Excellent!

Lee

This is the whole pan of stuff.

incrediblechickenoj9.jpg

Here's my serving. There IS a piece of toasted Italian bread under there! :chef:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Ohhhhh a 30 minute meal!! Boy that sounds familiar, where have I heard that phrase... just can't place it...

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
What we really need is a smiley spitting coffee onto its computer screen!!!!!

I could see using that myself.

If you can find one send it to doc and see if he will ad it. Doesn't have to be the screen though. the keyboard covered in coffee would be just fine.

Jim

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea I found ones like that, found a smiley throwing his computer across the room, one punching buttons furiously then a fist comes out of the screen and punches him, just not the one I want... guess I may have to re-learn how to do these...