Lee's Favorite Caesar Salad Dressing

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've tried many different Caesar Salad Dressing recipes and most are good.

This one is GREAT! It is the best tasting, and the easiest - you use mayo instead of messing with raw egg and oil. I whizz everything up in a mini food processor, starting with whizzing the garlic, adding and whizzing the anchovies, then adding everything else to the processor bowl.

And it makes a lot, so I store it in a container in the fridge and just use a dollop whenever I need it.

Lee

Adapted from an Allrecipes recipe by Karen Weir.

3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup mayo (I swear by Hellman's)
5 anchovies, minced
3 T. grated Parm. cheese
1 teas. Worcestershire sauce
1 teas. Dijon or dry mustard
1 T. lemon juice
pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Mix all and refrigerate until ready to use. Toss as much dressing as you want with your Romaine. Sprinkle a little additional Parm. cheese and pepper on top, and add croutons before serving.

Last edited:

Johnny West

I've tried many different Caesar Salad Dressing recipes and most are good.

This one is GREAT! It is the best tasting, and the easiest - you use mayo instead of messing with raw egg and oil. I whizz everything up in a mini food processor, starting with whizzing the garlic, adding and whizzing the anchovies, then adding everything else to the processor bowl.

And it makes a lot, so I store it in a container in the fridge and just use a dollop whenever I need it.

Lee

Adapted from an Allrecipes recipe by Karen Weir.

3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup mayo (I swear by Hellman's)
5 anchovies, minced
3 T. grated Parm. cheese
1 teas. Worcestershire sauce
1 teas. Dijon or dry mustard
1 T. lemon juice
pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Mix all and refrigerate until ready to use. Toss as much dressing as you want with your Romaine. Sprinkle a little additional Parm. cheese and pepper on top, and add croutons before serving.
I will be making this shortly…

Johnny West

Well, I should have checked with the lady of the house… she is making a marinated veg salad.

Caesar is on for tomorrow.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made mine last night - wonderful!

Lee

Caesar.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump up for RickisMom.

RM, I make the croutons from a small French bread, crust removed, then toasted in a frying pan with garlic oil. I use them in the salad and in the French Onion Soup, under the melted cheese, because I don't like dealing with the big slice of toasted bread in the soup.

Lee

Johnny West

I just made this - followed the recipe but added two tbs red wine vinegar.
Tonight I won’t have crouton, though.

I’ll have to look up the recipe on allrecipes to see how long I can refrigerate this.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It was a hit and my wife loved it. I did add 2 tbs of olive oil at the end. I have about half left. Thanks so much.

Sounds as if you like a looser dressing. I find that when I toss the Romaine with the thick dressing, the lettuce is perfectly coated. and then, when the parm cheese, croutons and ground pepper are added .... WA-LA! A masterpiece!

Anyway, glad you guys liked the dressing!

Lee

Johnny West

I just made another bottle. Yesterday a head of romaine was 3.99 at the commissary and reluctantly bought one. Today I stopped at the local truck farm and they were 1.98 a head so got another. Vidalia onions were in, as well.