Kosher Salt...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
they closed all the good bakeries around here

i will trade hot sauce,spice mixtures,bbq...whatever it takes to get some good bread..lol

chowhound

Wait a minute here......
"I" live much closer to both Warren and Joe than anyone who has offered to taste this bread made with kosher salt.... It is "I" who should receive and taste test these loaves of which you speak of. doo-doo :biggrin:

JoeV, that was very good info on the weight conversion. I never even considered that aspect.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Sadly, bakeries are indeed going the way of the milkman. And newspapers.

we use to have one about 10 blocks from me, i would go in there for their rolls.. i had been eating there over 25 years...i left for 3 years..gone

there are 4 other bakeries that have done the same thing in the last 5 years... only 2 left and one sucks and the other one sucks less..lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
OK, I'm back. I took my 3wt and went chasing the little fishies at my local boat docks. I caught about 20 decent 7-8" bluegills and a handful of small black crappies...all sent back to grow up. I asked a few of them their opinion on table vs Kosher salt, and they all said they did not give a shit one way or the other...it's personal preference.:yum: FWIW, I sometimes fish right across from teh Morton Salt Mine in Grand River, Ohio. A good friend of mine is the mine Superintendent, and we have NEVER had this conversation. All we talk about is fishing and hot chicks that come into his fly shop. :yum:

I would love to send all of you a loaf of my bread, but the easiest way to confirm the taste & texture is to ask homecook, who has had my bread and taken my bread baking class. I can walk to Barb's house from mine. Next closest would be Pie Susan who is about 25 minutes down the road. I like all of you, but not well enough to pay for overnight shipments of $.87 worth of bread. I can only imagine what 1.5# would cost to California. :ohmy:

Enough with the salt already. Let's talk some other trash for awhile.

FooD

All I know is I coat el cheapo steaks with lots of Kosher salt, let sit for up to an hour, rinse thoroughly, grind some black pepper them, and grill.