Who's your fav tv chefs & why?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Anyone remember "Two Fat Ladies"? Those two older English ladies. Similar to Jamie Oliver with their rustic style.

I was just thinking of them. I did enjoy their show!

yup i really enjoyed there show... they were the first Paul Dean's...not concerned with calories and fat intake..lol

Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay

i like Gordon Ramsay as well, he is rude, he likes things done his way everything i become when i cook in a kitchen...lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Funny I thought to myself if I worked with the guy Ramsay I would probably feed him a knife. However after watching his shows on the BBC Ramsay's F Word and his kitchen nightmares from Europe I actually started to like him. Now Fox has ruined his image with their usual creative editing but on the BBC he really is good.

Love2"Q"

Funny I thought to myself if I worked with the guy Ramsay I would probably feed him a knife. However after watching his shows on the BBC Ramsay's F Word and his kitchen nightmares from Europe I actually started to like him. Now Fox has ruined his image with their usual creative editing but on the BBC he really is good.

i agree .. the BBC version is so much better ..
he is really there to help the people and seems to actually care ..

Lefty

Yank
Jeff Smith, Justin Wilson, Giada, Jamie Oliver. Jeff was a good teacher, Justin was a great cook as well as an excellent story teller, Giada is a good cook as well as a decent teacher, Jamie is a sort of slob that can work magic, sometimes he over does it but most of the time he is a great teacher when cooking subjectivley.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Boy do I agree on Jeff Smith and Justin Wilson but Martin Yan was my all time favorite. Giada is a good cook all joking aside and has an informative show. Emeril is a really great cook and that I speak from first hand experience as I've tasted his cooking before. Now I don't like his Live show but the Essence was informative with out all the hoopla and canned response. I didn't watch Julia Child much but caught some though not as many as I would of liked. I've never though much of Jamie Oliver and only watched one show but it left me cold toward him so never bother again to watch.

Deelady

As far as recipes I like Giadas, Jaime Os, Sunny, and Tyler.
as far as just enjoy watching, I love diners drive-in and dives...I just wish they featured a place close enough for me to try!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Martin Yan was my all time favorite. Emeril is a really great cook and that I speak from first hand experience as I've tasted his cooking before.

i use to watch Martin Yan - Yan Can Cook when i was a very young child.. i wanted to cook like him.

another show we had was called Wok With Yan - Stephen Yan not related but Martin was an employee and had worked for Stephen Yan in the 1980s as demonstrator for Stephen's product.

nlc009131-v6.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Never heard of Stephan before but I can tell you, Martin got me back into cooking. I owned every cook book he wrote up till '98 when I lost them all. I did have his Dexter cleaver and used it to prepare every meal I made for 30+ years. I still prefer a Chinese cleaver as my kitchen knife regardless of the dish.

S.Shepherd

to be honest...none of them really inspire me anymore, excepy maybe Mario.
All the shows seem rushed, too worried about product placement and less about cooking. The early days of the food network were great, now I feel like I'm watching a combination of the view and QVC. Ever notice how all the pans are new ?
Emeril, Ming all started with realy good shows...you could actually find the ingredients in a store and follow their recipes. Now it seems they've got to be as exotic as possable, t out do the other shows:sad:

Thats what I watch Iron Chef for.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love Anthony Bourdain because he's hot! I think he used to cook, too.

lol I agree FM, he is hot, just something about him. :D
I like Guy a LOT!
Julia Child is missed, used to watch her on PBS when I was a wee one.
Yan was good too.. all these people on Food Network now kill me.
Bobby Flay bites his nails down to the freaking quick, looks gross when they show the closeups.

Kei

I like Martin Yan because well, he's Chinese. Seriously, I like his ethnic food recipes and tips.

Jetta_gal

Alton Brown -- He actually teaches useful information. Plus Good Eats is so funny, not dumbed down and cool.

I've met Alton several times at events, he super cool, very nice and wickedly sarcastic. We've traded a few zingers, just about every time I talked with him. One cool dude!

smoke king

Banned
I don't know that he's considered a "TV chef", but I really like Wylie Dufresne. I can't begin to grasp the "molecular gastronomy" concept, but I like the end result-cool! And he's the master of it. I'd love to eat at WD50 just once.

Aside from that, I like Tom Colichio. I've learned a lot from him on TV and also from his books. I like the way he chooses his ingredients, as well as how he builds his flavor profiles. "if it grows together, it goes together". Nuff said.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Aaron McCargo
Alton Brown
Emeril Lagasse
Tyler Florence
Bobby Flay
Guy
Sandra Lee
Rachel Ray
Giada

Shermie

Site Supporter
Aaron McCargo
Alton Brown
Emeril Lagasse
Tyler Florence
Bobby Flay
Guy
Sandra Lee
Rachel Ray
Giada

1. Aaron McCargo Jr. because of his style of cooking and he brings big bold flavors to his food.

2. Paula Deen because of her real down-home Southern-style cooking and hospitality.

3. Emeril Laggase because of his Cajion-style cooking.

4. Martin Yan and Ming Tsai because of the true authentic Asion-style cooking.

5. Guy Fieti because of his talent for making meals & food perfected with the sports fan in mind.

6. Alton Brown because of his wiz-kid-style knowllege on food and cool kitchen gadgets.

7. Rachael Ray because of her meals cooked in 30 minutes. :chef:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know who that is but I agree I like that too. Oh and she cooks too. :yum:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I fogot her name also, but her show can be seen around 8 or 8:30 on Saturday mornings.

Claire Robinson?

David C

James Martin.....because I taught him.

Nigela.. well what can I say...she can come into my kitchen any day..

Last edited:

urmaniac46

I really like this one, I don't know why :mrgreen::
Nigella_Lawson_thumb.jpg

She's Nigella Lawson.

simoneR.jpg
My personal favourite is Simone Rugiati, too bad he only does his shows in Italian. A DJ turned chef, pretty unconventional career change but he is very skilled with a lovely personality and a boy-next door type charm not unlike Jamie Oliver from his earlier days.
And ladies will agree that [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqwkDRc7NM"]he is pretty cute[/ame] too:mrgreen::tongue::kiss:

High Cheese

Saucier
to be honest...none of them really inspire me anymore, excepy maybe Mario.
All the shows seem rushed, too worried about product placement and less about cooking. The early days of the food network were great, now I feel like I'm watching a combination of the view and QVC. Ever notice how all the pans are new ?
Emeril, Ming all started with realy good shows...you could actually find the ingredients in a store and follow their recipes. Now it seems they've got to be as exotic as possable, t out do the other shows:sad:

Thats what I watch Iron Chef for.

See if you get the Recipe.TV channel. All it is is different chefs...real chefs, doing demos. I get it on Fios. Also, local channels seem to have much better shows like PBS, WLIW.

Nigella Lawson :thumb::agree::a1:

Last time I saw her she got some junk in her trunk. :huh:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i love Julia Child. she was so precious.
i also love bourdain, he's awesome, his books, they're great, & his shows, addictive.
& 'two fat ladies' was a great show.