Masa Cups

AllenOK

This is something we were doing about this time last year. They were wonderful, but it seems like hardly anyone ever ordered it. You'll have to pardon me, as I never really recorded what I was doing.

For the masa cups, get some masa harina, and mix it with enough water to form a compact dough. Get a muffin pan, and spray it well with cooking spray. Break off a ball of dough, place it in one of the pan, and press it around to cover the cup of the muffin pan. Repeat as needed until all the cups are filled, or you run out of the dough. Freeze the pan for about an hour. To remove, just let the pan thaw for a minute, and slide the frozen masa out. I think I could actually press on the bottom of each cup and pop the frozen masa out.

Saute some diced shrimp with shallots/onions, garlic, and a little of the Mexican Seasoning mix I posted on the seasonings sub-forum. When the shrimp is cooked, squeeze a little lime juice over the shrimp. Keep warm.

Deep-fry the masa cups for a few minutes, until they are warm and slightly crusty. Drain. Fill with the warm shrimp mixture. Garnish with a little freshly-made pineapple salsa.