First Lady to Appear on Iron Chef America.

Shermie

Site Supporter
First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to appear on Iron Chef America on Sunday, January 3 at 8pm, according to the December issue of Food Network Magazine.

She will be revealing the Secret Ingredient for the chefs to use. The special episode will be titled Super Chef battle and it will run for two hours.

Chefs Mario Batali & Emeril Lagasse wil team up and compete against chefs Bobby Flay & White House chef Cristeta Comerford. It should be very interesting!

This should give the First Lady a leg up when facing the indimidating judges panel. See it all go down on January 3 at 8pm!

You might want to record this episode, as it should be something to behold! Set you VCR's or your DVR's! :clap:

Last edited:

CharlieD

Gosh, I would love to see Emeril and Batali together. Don't care for the rest of the crue, I hope somebody would post this on the you tube or something, since I do not have food network anymore.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm also a fan of both of them Charlie. I actually had a meal prepared by Emeril as well as almost an hour conversation with him a few years ago. What you see on TV is pretty much Emeril though he is a bit more "earthy" in his language than on TV. Really a very nice guy and pretty personable.

CharlieD

I know, he was here in town on business with some knife supplier, my neighbor worked for, she got me in to meet him. Nice, nice man. Too bad I cannot go to his restaurants, not kosher, but friend of ours went to one and could not stop talking about how good it was.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I still have the Food Network, but it's the Fine Living Network that I don't have anymore. Comcast wanted friggen too much money!

They were charging me almost $200 a month!!! I had to cut some of those channels out, along with HBO. I flatly refuse to give them that much money!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I still have the Food Network, but it's the Fine Living Network that I don't have anymore. Comcast wanted friggen too much money!

They were charging me almost $200 a month!!! I had to cut some of those channels out, along with HBO. I flatly refuse to give them that much money!!

I highly recommend you check out DirecTv Sherman. They are cheaper than any cable company as well as more dependable. Even here where we get serious storms they haven't been down more than a few seconds ever. I also did a comparison with them and Dish and with what I have they are also cheaper. I've had them now since they took over the older system that I had, which I can't remember the name of since I only had they about 2 months before DirecTv took them over.

I have Choice Plus (all the none premium channels), 4 extra HD channels as well as HBO, Showtime and Starz my bill a month is about $100. The only premiums I don't get are Playboy, Cinamax and the Sports Ticket stuff.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I know what you mean. I have Charter. I cut out all of the movie channels...can't see the point in it when you can go to wal-mart and rent movies overnight for a buck. I have the expanded cable along with the family tier and the HD channels. My bill runs about $80 a month. I've not had any problems with the service going out.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I highly recommend you check out DirecTv Sherman. They are cheaper than any cable company as well as more dependable. Even here where we get serious storms they haven't been down more than a few seconds ever. I also did a comparison with them and Dish and with what I have they are also cheaper. I've had them now since they took over the older system that I had, which I can't remember the name of since I only had they about 2 months before DirecTv took them over.

I have Choice Plus (all the none premium channels), 4 extra HD channels as well as HBO, Showtime and Starz my bill a month is about $100. The only premiums I don't get are Playboy, Cinamax and the Sports Ticket stuff.

No Playboy?!?!??!?! What the heck?!:ohmy:

My bill is around $120 a month and includes 10mb Internet as well as expanded digital TV plus Showtime and HBO. And yet, there still isn't anything decent to watch on TV...

Shermie

Site Supporter
The landlord had Direct TV, and he was telling me that he went through too many problems and hassles with them. And besides, you're forced to use Verizon for your Internet service, and I had too many problems and hassles with THEM.

Too many to explain here. I AM HOWEVER, planning to drop Comcast's phone service and go back to Vonage.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I think it'll be quite interesting to see the First Lady on the Food Network!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Michell must be bored. I can't see the fit of her being there.

Joe, I think she had a lot to do with planning this. She's been doing a lot of PR stuff on healthy eating, and had school kids come to the White House in the spring to plant a fruit, vegetable and herb garden. The WH chef has been using stuff from the garden and it's been played up in the media a lot. The whole point is to show better alternatives than high fat/salt/sugar stuff that now makes up much of the American diet.

As part ot the program to showcase fresh foods, the WH chef is participating with the 3 iron chefs. The "secret ingredient" will be fresh foods from the White House garden. It was actually filmed a couple months ago when everything was coming to harvest. At the time, they didn't make it clear whether she would actually participate in the show, but apparently that's been decided.

Just as every First Lady is supposed to have a platform or issue, Michelle is focusing on healthy eating. It's a 'mom' thing that fits in with her self-proclaimed job as 'First Mom".

BTW, the 'garden' is actually the size of a small farm. They even keep bee hives!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Also, she's doing this to encourage her two daughters, as well as kids nationwide, to eat healthy, I'm pretty sure.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The landlord had Direct TV, and he was telling me that he went through too many problems and hassles with them. And besides, you're forced to use Verizon for your Internet service, and I had too many problems and hassles with THEM.

Too many to explain here. I AM HOWEVER, planning to drop Comcast's phone service and go back to Vonage.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I think it'll be quite interesting to see the First Lady on the Food Network!

I bet she'll be good at it and draw a huge crowd. :thumb:

Sherman don't go back to Vonage ...go to Voipo. 8.95 per month instead of 24.95 per month. With taxes and surcharges it comes out to 11 bucks per month. It works as well or better than Vonage (I had it for over a year). Has all the features just like Vonage and it's so cheap. No more monthly phone bill. I paid 133 for the entire year. :thumb: :D
To keep your same number you must get voipo working before you cancel your current service. I found that out the hard way.

Another note: I have had direct TV for over 10 years. Love it. They've been easy to deal with and provided great service when I needed it.

High Cheese

Saucier
1) Can't wait to see Emeril in action.

2) Please keep politics out of Iron Chef, it's pretty much the last show I enjoy on FN.

3) Directv blows donkey do-do. I have proof. Wait until you try to stop using their service. Oh, and that HD receiver you think you own? Well, you don't. No matter WHAT flyer or paper you're reading from, when all is said and done they want it back. Or fork over $400. (SPIT) on DirectV

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Sherman don't go back to Vonage ...go to Voipo. 8.95 per month instead of 24.95 per month. With taxes and surcharges it comes out to 11 bucks per month. It works as well or better than Vonage (I had it for over a year). Has all the features just like Vonage and it's so cheap. No more monthly phone bill. I paid 133 for the entire year. :thumb: :D
If you have a T-mobile cell phone, they have Voip service for $9.99/mo. They don't seem to advertise it, though. I found out when I decided to just replace my land line with a second cell phone since it would be $10 to add a line and I could keep my same number. They told me about this instead, sent me the Voip adapter, and add the $10 to my monthly T-mobile bill. I've had Vonage and Time Warner Voip and this one works just as well and is cheapest by far.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
1)
3) Directv blows donkey do-do. I have proof. Wait until you try to stop using their service. Oh, and that HD receiver you think you own? Well, you don't. No matter WHAT flyer or paper you're reading from, when all is said and done they want it back. Or fork over $400. (SPIT) on DirectV

So I've heard....that's why we have Dish Network, lol :biggrin:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
1) Can't wait to see Emeril in action.

2) Please keep politics out of Iron Chef, it's pretty much the last show I enjoy on FN.

I actually have several receivers I've bought from them over the years. I've never been asked for them back ever. I have 3 HD receivers now that I purchased rather than leasing.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to appear on Iron Chef America on Sunday, January 3 at 8pm, according to the December issue of Food Network Magazine.

She will be revealing the Secret Ingredient for the chefs to use. The special episode will be titled Super Chef battle and it will run for two hours.

Chefs Mario Batali & Emeril Lagasse wil team up and compete against chefs Bobby Flay & White House chef Cristeta Comerford. It should be very interesting!

This should give the First Lady a leg up when facing the indimidating judges panel. See it all go down on January 3 at 8pm!

You might want to record this episode, as it should be something to behold! Set you VCR's or your DVR's! :clap:

$100Bill-735573.jpg

I just saw this on tv. My money is on Mario and Emeril :mrgreen:.

High Cheese

Saucier
I actually have several receivers I've bought from them over the years. I've never been asked for them back ever. I have 3 HD receivers now that I purchased rather than leasing.

You 'purchased' them through DirectV? If so, NO you do not own them. What you 'purchased' is the Right to use them. That's all. Google it, it happens all the time. Everything is just fine and dandy until you go to change providers. That company is the worst....all lies.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well then how do you explain those I have sitting in my storage space. I've been with DirecTV since they started as the replaced my then existing satellite service. I bet I have about a dozen boxes in my storage space, but then none of them are worth keeping but my wife is a pack rat. I was also told when I move to take my boxes with me which I've done about 6 times since starting with them years ago.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
$100Bill-735573.jpg

I just saw this on tv. My money is on Mario and Emeril :mrgreen:.
That bill is barely worth half of what it used to be. That's another story. Back to the Iron Chef. IMHO, there is no way anyone is going to embarass the White House chef (or the POTUS for that matter) by having her lose this competition. This is the person who serves not only POTUS and his family, but world leaders and dignitaries. To say that she got beat by a couple of overweight restaurant owners and hollywood types is just not going to happen. Put your money on the chubby guys if you want to lose it, but no way is this woman going home a loser to them. It just ain't gonna happen. Besides, Obama needs to have something in his win column.:yum: I'm sorry, the devil made me do it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I will also bet on Emeril and Batali. Emeril is a really great chef and I've eaten his food. The man can cook period, as for the white house chef who knows but they are up against to of the best really. I've never had the opportunity to eat Bacall's food but based on his shows and recipes I would say he is also excellent. In my opinion these two as well as Michael Chiarello are probably the best ever on Food Network.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That bill is barely worth half of what it used to be. That's another story. Back to the Iron Chef. IMHO, there is no way anyone is going to embarass the White House chef (or the POTUS for that matter) by having her lose this competition. This is the person who serves not only POTUS and his family, but world leaders and dignitaries. To say that she got beat by a couple of overweight restaurant owners and hollywood types is just not going to happen. Put your money on the chubby guys if you want to lose it, but no way is this woman going home a loser to them. It just ain't gonna happen. Besides, Obama needs to have something in his win column.:yum: I'm sorry, the devil made me do it.

Lol--I'm still betting on the chubby guys!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes I'm with you Cooksie never trust a skinny chef. Besides I don't think everything is fixed as Joe seems to. :wink:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I will be watching this tomorrow night. I can't wait to see what the secret ingredient is and see how this plays out.

Wart

Banned
Besides, Obama needs to have something in his win column.:yum:

If thats all Obama wins the score would be what? Obama 1, Righties ... Zero (Actually I think they would have to score a few to climb to Zero)

:yum:

I'm sorry, the devil made me do it.

Oh yes, I know the feeling.

'Cept I'm honest, I'm not in the least bit sorry. :)

Wart

Banned
I'm curious to see how the White House Chef fares.

And I'm looking forward to seeing Michelle and hearing what she says about nutrition. I was reading about the expanding American waste line (Put nicely) and it really is disturbing.