HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!! Yet Another Blasted Challenge Show Coming to Food Network!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
But brace yourself.

There's yet ANOTHER blasted challenge one coming on Sunday night!!! It's called The Great Food Truck Race!! Tyler Florence will be the host.

When will this crap cease?!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
But that which beareth contests and challenges is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

But, FN, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany true cooking, though we thus watch.

Attachments

• AS.jpg
    AS.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 223
K

Kimchee

Yeah, cold hard truth of the matter is...
if the cooking networks did nothing but cooking shows...
they would go off the air.

Seen a video lately on MTV or CMT? Nope.
THere's soooooo much more to food than cooking. Gotta make it entertaining.
And, in my humble opinion only, you can only watch so many hours of "how to cook XXX".

So I'll watch the challenges and you can watch the how to cooks, and we'll both be happy! (But I will be happier because I like both! LOLOL)

(said in humorous tones, I understand your POV totally.)

Shermie

Site Supporter
But there IS such a thing as overdoing it.

And THIS is what I think & feel has happened with the Food Network.

All of the regular cooking shows are on the daytime line-up to make way for all those blasted challenge shows that are often wasting up and monopolizing too much TV air time!!

Nothing wrong at all with the regular cooking shows or just a few of those challenge shows, but they are dominating the evening line-up way too much!! Which is why I watch this channel far less at night!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
like the continuation of this thread, perhaps? :whistling:
Ya know, perhaps Shermie fancies himself the one to keep us informed of "all things suck" concerning FN.
Being one who doesn't watch FN now at all, I find Sherm's updates full of humour. Must be like glimpsing a train wreck, then tearing your gaze away, then running to inform teh neighbourhood of what you jest witnessed.
:lol:
Shermz, dahhling.. stick to the Cooking Channel.
If we want to know the latest crap on FN, we'll Google for the info, baby!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Why is this train wreck allowed to continue?! Here's your train wreck.

Don't mind the old pic because it's still a train wreck. Hah!! :yum: :yum:

Attachments

• NYC-SUBWAY-072.jpg
    NYC-SUBWAY-072.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Boy Sherm. Now that's a train wreck!

BTW, feel free to amuse and delight us with your regular Food Network rants 'n updates.
They're kinda growin' on me now.. happy.gif

Shermie

Site Supporter
jesus mary and joseph, you're encouraging him? :glare:

:respect:

Bucky, this is for you and I happily want to inform you;

Tune in to the Food Network. Be graced by their presense to watch yet ANOTHER challenger show!! Hah!! This one is called Extreme Chefs, and it is on now!!

The hits just keep on coming!! What stark-raving idiocy!!! :corny:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i now stick 2 the travel channel & the cooking channel, pbs, 'cept 4 a few shows on food network

K

Kimchee

I enjoy Chopped!, Extreme Chef, Next Foodnetwork star, some of the cake challenge shows, Iron Chef, but not the cupcake ones.

And golly gee, I also like the cooking shows!

But I STILL want them to do a version of Chopped with everyday cooks like us.
THAT would be great!