Leftover meatloaf

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Does anyone have any ideas on how to use leftover meatloaf besides in sandwiches & spaghetti sauce???

Shermie

Site Supporter
How about having it with either rice, mashed potatoes, potatoes au gratin, escalloped potatoes, a baked potato, a salad, mac & cheese or with just plain buttered noodles and a vegetable?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, Mama

Didn't think of THOSE.

Dirty rice! Hamburg Stroganoff over buttered noodles!

Or take the meatloaf, crumble it up and make Sloppy Joes. Crumble it up and add it to baked beans, use it to help make Texas-style chili (no beans).

You can also add it to home fries.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Meatloaf Benedict!

One of my favorite breakfast restaurants has a "Benedict" with just about anything!

Toasted English muffins, topped with heated slices of meatloaf, topped with poached or sunny side up eggs, topped with Hollandaise.

Yumm!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Leftover meatloaf can also be used as meat for lasagna.

You must have made a lot of it, Rickismom.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Meatloaf parmesan
Meatloaf cheese burger
Meatloaf pizza
Meatloaf Alfredo

Shermie

Site Supporter
Meatloaf mac & cheese! Sliced meatloaf with asparagus on top covered with a cheese sauce! Open-face meatloaf sammies with gravy on top!

The possibilities are endless!! Hah!!! :cooking:

Johnny West

I was thinking of something along the line of a hot meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy like you might do with leftover roast beef or turkey.

I keep a box full of gravy packs as well as some canned in the pantry.

Domestic Goddess

I was thinking of something along the line of a hot meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy like you might do with leftover roast beef or turkey.

I keep a box full of gravy packs as well as some canned in the pantry.

Johnny, the hot meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy sorta sounds delish!

Also, I keep an empty ice cream bucket full of gravy packets (as well as other seasoning packets), plus a variety of jarred Heinz Gravy(s) in the pantry too. They sure do come in handy!

Some great ideas in this link, DG!

Personally, I love cold meatloaf and mayo sandwiches on white bread, but the meatloaf stuffed shells sound delicious!

Lee

Lee, I came across the link about 3 years ago, and if my memory is correct, I had made the chili recipe, and it turned out to be pretty good. At least I think it was the chili??? :unsure: One of these days I'd also like to also try some of the other leftover meatloaf recipes. As they do sound quite yummy!!

Lee I forgot to mention, I'm not really a fan of cold meatloaf sandwiches. And even though I "love" mayonnaise, for some reason I didn't care for it on cold meatloaf. I much prefered tartar sauce on the sandwich I once made with the leftover cold meatloaf.

Last edited: