I am thinking some sort of pasta.

Do you have a plan yet?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I am thinking some sort of pasta.

Do you have a plan yet?
It's 1a here in Northwestern, Ohio.
I am working tomorrow. Haven't had my coffee yet (tomorrah!)..
I'll git back to ya Peeps around noonish twomarrow or somewhere's around then.
K? :yum:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
may make a turkey-burger. sans bread. w/ mayo, a few tomato slices, pickles, then
a-1. or mayonnaise. buttered broccoli & carrot, zucchini & squash & that, too. whole!~ milk. for my beverage.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok Sass sweet dreams!! I just had 1/2 a jalapeno bagel with cream cheese and am thinking of making a pot of my favorite flavored blend fresh ground coffee.

Its probably going to be spinach tagliatelle alfredo and a salad tonight.

K

Kimchee

My wife makes SUPERB sausage gravy and biscuits! It was my Dad's favorite meal during the years we were caretakers, and we haven't had it in like 3 years.....

I am fully planning on making a PIG of self...

Sausage gravy over biscuits, scrambled eggs, and probably bacon if I know my wife.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmm

Oh, boy that looks good... as my dear departed Dad would say!

K

Kimchee

Take that chicken breast and stuff it with a mushroom, spinach and cheese mixture, then coat it with some spices and bake it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ohhhlllllll!~ found a recipe 4 potage crecy; & many-a-variation; hm!~
soup & that breadless & therefore pseudo-'sammich'.......

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm figuring chix cakes, they would be similar 2 a phish-cake, mayo & that in there. ain't 4 me 2 say, though-

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HMMMMMM I think spinach tagliatelle or cheese ravioli with quick fresh tomato, fresh basil, onion, fresh garlic, mushroom, hot pepper paste, EVOO sauce and a salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I put a whole chicken in the crockpot this morning - been wanting to experiment with that. Added lots of seasonings, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, lemon juice, other stuff. It smells great and I'll probably take it out soon so that it won't overcook. I plan to thicken the sauce and serve it over rice with some vegetables....not sure just what yet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I put a whole chicken in the crockpot this morning - been wanting to experiment with that. Added lots of seasonings, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, lemon juice, other stuff. It smells great and I'll probably take it out soon so that it won't overcook. I plan to thicken the sauce and serve it over rice with some vegetables....not sure just what yet.
YUMMY!! I can't wait when will the plane arrive?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
It's looking like fried chicken here. I've got some monster sized chicken legs to use up, so I'm thinking fried drumsticks. Maybe corn on the cob and mashed potatoes on the side. Hmmm.....biscuits would be nice too.

lilylove

Ground lamb thawing.... either a spaghetti like dish or lamb bugers. I'd better decide soon.....

Phiddlechik

leftovers: I had beer cheese soup with home made croutons
DH isn't feeling well, so not sure what he'll have. There's some chicken noodle with rice, or leftover meatloaf...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Spinach tagliatelle topped with fresh tomato, fresh basil, broccoli, onion, fresh garlic, quartered mushroom caps, green onion, carrots sticks, hot pepper paste, sea salt, ground peppercorns & ground red pepper flakes sautéed in grapeseed oil & EVOO and mixed salad (baby greens, baby spinach & arugula topped with sliced mushroom caps, broccoli, black olives, green olives, tomato, green onion, peeler carrot curls, imitation bacon bits, slivered almonds & salad supreme topping) dressed with Good Seasons Italian made with apple cider vinegar, EVOO, flaxseed oil with black sesame seeds added.

pasta_veggie_sauce_100610_P1060425.JPG

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Spectacularly colorful dinner, Peeps - you've got some of those serving dishes like I have! I want that salad!

mhend

Peeps, your dinner looks fantastic!!

I made chicken cakes and stuffed mushrooms for dinner. I posted the recipe a while back:

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15409

The remoulade sauce for the cakes is Boar's Head. I made a homemade sauce, but didn't like it. I also add a few drops of sriracha on the side for a kick (the pic doesn't show it.)

I also forgot to take a pic of the shrooms, but they were stuffed with the mushroom stems, fontina cheese, bacon, bread crumbs and a little bit of cream to bind it together, and baked at 350 for 25 minutes.

Chicken Cakes.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, mhend, for posting the recipe for your beautiful chicken cakes - I didn't look hard enough! I posted the info about this whole-chicken-in-a-crockpot experiment over on the Challenge thread, but here's a picture of the outcome. Incredibly delicious, tender, tasty and moist chicken. We loved it.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 82