What's Cooking NCT - Sunday, 9-16-12 to Saturday, 9-22-12

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Very nice looking.

I never had egg foo young, but I would be willing to try that.

I have been thinking about Lollie's egg foo young!! LOL I have to get some curry powder. I have NEVER used it before and probably will only use it for this dish. Is it one of the expensive spices? If not it will be worth it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was last night!! LOL

Tuesday 9/18/12
Breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs with pan-fried red potatoes and onions and Mexican blend cheese added to them, and biscuits

091812_eggs_sausage_biscuits_P1090577_zpsd0283c14.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had a guest for dinner last night, so I was not able to spend a lot of time with my presentation. It tasted really great with the homemade noodles made with whole wheat flour and basil. Oh, I also made a couple of loaves of Italian bread as well.

Dinner%20091813_zpsa0d0a1c1.jpg

Whole%20Wheat%20Fettuccine%20091812_zpsa0bf3f3e.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I have to get some curry powder. I have NEVER used it before and probably will only use it for this dish. Is it one of the expensive spices? If not it will be worth it.

Peeps, you can get a small 1 oz of McCormick.
That's what I used.. it costs something like $6.
I've also used Sharwood's in the past.. you can find that in either the ethnic foods or spice aisle in lots of grocery stores.

Embryodad

I have never had that Jimmy. No picture?

No picture peep. Aggravated after that delicious meal with pain.

I've been in a cranky mood, and I have no appetite, and havn't taken pictures much.

Hopfully soon. Dr gave me lots of meds yesterday. LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The master bath is 9'-7" x 10'-8"...like a small bedroom. :mrgreen: I ripped out the corner whirlpool tub and replaced it with a 36" x 60" Jacuzzi tub. Had to relocate water and drain lines (PIA). Relocated the toilet to be behind the stall shower wall so it can't be seen from the bedroom (Some designer on TV said that's the way it's supposed to be, so the wife said it was being moved). The new toilet area is where I put the cement board and tile today. When this area is completed and the new chair height toilet is installed, then I'll remove the existing toilet and 5' vanity with the single sink. In that 8' space will be two vanities 36" with a space between them for a laundry basket. the top will be granite with undermount sinks. There's tile also going on the tub walls.

I think your wife and I watch the same tv shows :lol:. I'm in the middle of trying to choose tile/faucets for a bathroom re-do. It's turning into a chore.

Embryodad

We had a guest for dinner last night, so I was not able to spend a lot of time with my presentation. It tasted really great with the homemade noodles made with whole wheat flour and basil. Oh, I also made a couple of loaves of Italian bread as well.

Dinner%20091813_zpsa0d0a1c1.jpg

Whole%20Wheat%20Fettuccine%20091812_zpsa0bf3f3e.jpg
looks good joe.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Picked up a rotisserie chicken from Sam's today so we had rotisserie chicken sandwiches with romaine lettuce and tomato on homemade honey wheat bread along with tomato soup. Too hungry for pictures :lol:

Joe.....that looks amazing!

Embryodad

Tina made a egg / cheese / sausage casserole this morning.
It was with a different sausage (jim Deans) and it was dry. We both picked on it. I like Bob Evans' sausage. IMO

The rest of 3/4 of the 18 x 9 pan will be animal feed.

Supper ...I ate two boiled hot dogs with mustard and relish.
Then two doughnuts.

Tina had two hb eggs for egg salad on white wonder bread.

I'm still hungry so I will have a bowl of oatmeal tonight.

I slept under the influence [ codine ]today. Didn't even dream. Wow! Still wakeup by pain so I guess it will take some time. I hate taking pills, but it surely kills the aching butt and leg pain; so thats all that counts.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear you are in such pain Jimmy. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I make a Cheesy Grits Casserole that my family loves. I think I posted the recipe awhile back, I'll see if I can find it and bump it up for you if you are interested.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Sorry to hear you are in such pain Jimmy. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I make a Cheesy Grits Casserole that my family loves. I think I posted the recipe awhile back, I'll see if I can find it and bump it up for you if you are interested.

Thanks Mama, :tiphat:

At least I got some unbroken sleep this afternoon. Felt great after 2 weeks of no sleep or 20 minutes worth. LOL
This darn sciatica just won't go away. The leg hurt is less at least, and the Dr. said....Take the pills even though they make you drowsy.

Geeze...I feel like the town drunk. More so like a drunkin clown!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW! It's chilly this morning. Wonderful for a change to have the windows open and no fans on.

Hope you feel better soon Jimmy. My sciatic is finally easing up after about 5 weeks.

Dinner last night was Corned beef, red potatoes and cabbage and carrot salad

091912_corned_beef_P1090578_zps6c71519d.jpg

Embryodad

WOW! It's chilly this morning. Wonderful for a change to have the windows open and no fans on.

Hope you feel better soon Jimmy. My sciatic is finally easing up after about 5 weeks.

Dinner last night was Corned beef, red potatoes and cabbage and carrot salad

091912_corned_beef_P1090578_zps6c71519d.jpg
Looks great peep. I have some already cooked in the freezer. I'm now thinking to thaw it out and have that for supper.

I love the halved potatoes like that. They are so versatile. Glad your sciatic is easing up.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks great peep. I have some already cooked in the freezer. I'm now thinking to thaw it out and have that for supper.

I love the halved potatoes like that. They are so versatile. Glad your sciatic is easing up.
Thank you Jimmy. This was the second flare up. The first one lasted a little longer. Then I had about 2 weeks reprieve to catch up on all the stuff left undone and then wham it flared up again. I think I pushed myself to get caught up on stuff, over did it and just twisted the wrong way. It is hard to think or concentrate on anything between the pain and lack of sleep.

I give big thanks to Joe V and Cooksie for tonights dinner.
My first try at Joe’s no knead bread recipe (AWESOME!) and Cooksie’s Sausage, kale and bean soup (FANTASTIC!).

092012_no_knead_P1090581_zps71d70b73.jpg

092012_no_knead_slice_P1090584_zps7a14a22d.jpg

092012_sausage_kale_bean_soup_P1090589_zps0539c82e.jpg

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. This was the second flare up. The first one lasted a little longer. Then I had about 2 weeks reprieve to catch up on all the stuff left undone and then wham it flared up again. I think I pushed myself to get caught up on stuff, over did it and just twisted the wrong way. It is hard to think or concentrate on anything between the pain and lack of sleep.

I give big thanks to Joe V and Cooksie for tonights dinner.
My first try at Joe’s no knead bread recipe (AWESOME!) and Cooksie’s Sausage, kale and bean soup (FANTASTIC!).

092012_no_knead_P1090581_zps71d70b73.jpg

092012_no_knead_slice_P1090584_zps7a14a22d.jpg

092012_sausage_kale_bean_soup_P1090589_zps0539c82e.jpg
Wow! That's my kind of eats. Ummm Looks great, and that bread. yum!!

* So right on the can't think can't concentrare.

DD was over AM, and she was all wound up, and kackling and yacking, and I was aggravated just listening to her antics.
I still smiled.... It wasn't her fault, and I know she means well, but sometimes the littlest noise can be aggravating.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow! That's my kind of eats. Ummm Looks great, and that bread. yum!!

* So right on the can't think can't concentrare.

DD was over AM, and she was all wound up, and kackling and yacking, and I was aggravated just listening to her antics.
I still smiled.... It wasn't her fault, and I know she means well, but sometimes the littlest noise can be aggravating.
Thank you Jimmy. The bread was so easy to make. No fuss or pain. I may start another for tomorrow. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good toasted and dripping with butter. LOL I can't wait to dip in some eggs. :in_love:

I understand completely about the littest noise.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful dinner Peepers! I love that bread!

It was save your receipt day at Chick-fil-a so that's what we had for dinner.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful dinner Peepers! I love that bread!

It was save your receipt day at Chick-fil-a so that's what we had for dinner.
Thank you Mama. I have to make another for tomorrow. LOL I think dinner for breakfast again. :clap:

Embryodad

Arrrrrrgh!

Had corned beef that DD made and stored in the freezer.
Thawred it out, and added some potatoes while steam thawing.
Hkcccc hkcccccc huckkkkk... OMG.. Tough and chewed and chewed and couldnt swallow it it was so tough. Chokey Chokey..... Uhhhhhhh!!
Could not eat it. LOL

Filled up on bread and tomato salad with oil and water juice. DW made that, and forgot to add garlic to it. "Oooooo she said, I knew I forgot something!" Haaaaa

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. The bread was so easy to make. No fuss or pain. I may start another for tomorrow. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOO good toasted and dripping with butter. LOL I can't wait to dip in some eggs. :in_love:

I understand completely about the littest noise.

I knew you would understand that peep!

The bread looked awesome. Can't wait to make a round crusty loaf, but only when I feel better. LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Going to get some chicken noodle soup from a place called Pat's.
It's got wide, thick noodles that are more like dumplings in appearance.
It's going to fit the bill today, as I feel a bug coming on.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Going to get some chicken noodle soup from a place called Pat's.
It's got wide, thick noodles that are more like dumplings in appearance.
It's going to fit the bill today, as I feel a bug coming on.
Feel better Lollie. XOXOXOXOXOX

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Went by the butcher shop today. Had to have some dried beef and sage sausage patties and bologna. Made the chipped beef for supper.:readytoeat::whistling:

Attachments

• chipped beef 004.jpg
    chipped beef 004.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 145