A stupid question

Guts

A stupid question, what do the little green squares on the right side under number of post mean anyway? sorry I'm newbie here.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
A stupid question, what do the little green squares on the right side under number of post mean anyway? sorry I'm newbie here.

It's your Karma rating. When people give Karma to one of your posts, your Karmic value goes up. Those green blocks are milestones (50, 100, 300, etc) to indicate how much Karma you have received.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Those are a little feature called Reputation Points. If someone especially appreciates or enjoys something you posted, they can leave you positive reputation points (sometimes called karma). They can also leave you a little message. If you click the User CP button, you will see the last 5 people who left you reputation points.

You can leave reputation points for other people by clicking on the little scales on the right hand side of a post, just above the member's Join Date. It brings down a little screen so that you can leave a message with your rep points.

Judging by the number of green squares you have, Guts, lots of people are enjoying your posts!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Now that I look at them more closely, they don't seem to be operating properly (they used to)? Maybe Doc can investigate to see if they are still working.

Guts

Thanks Keltin, now I know some I didn't / and thanks to Fishers mom too, as she posted while i was posting this.

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You know - the green dots seem to sort of "cut off" after a certain number of them. One way you can see exactly how many you have is to try and give yourself rep points for one of your own posts. It will come up and say you cannot give yourself rep points and also tell you how many you have.

I was looking for that link, Keltin! Thank you so much for posting it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've forgotten what the milestones are. Guts has 1,416 rep points....is that enough for a full 10 green boxes (the max)?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
You can only see the last 5 folks who gave you rep points or "K" as we often call it. So you should check your CP frequently to see where they come from. It looks like you have quite a few that you'll never know who sent them to you.

But that's OK. We all love getting Karma when we post a good recipe, or a good picture, or a great story or joke.

I'm sending more your way so you can see it.