No sushi for me!

Stussy's_Angel

Well, at DeadlySushi's prompting I'm posting a baby thread. I'm a little past 6 weeks pregnant :w00t2: and while some of the side effects are pretty crappy it's nice to not have to count calories any more. In fact, I had 3 desserts for Easter. :oops: What's cool about it is that I've only gained a pound or two since it happened. Of course, my diet is limited. No more sushi, or rare beef, or lovely soft stinky cheese, or... well, you get the idea. I've heard the the more diverse foods you eat while pregnant the less picky the child will be. I hope that's the case because with exception to those foods that are now risky to me I'll eat about anything.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats again. I'm glad you did post a thread about being pregnant. :thumb: Now as you move through the pregnancy you can post tidbits here about it for us all to share. :thumb:
I have three children, the youngest is 24, so it was a different era when my wife was pregnant. Sushi was not popular then (at least to my knowledge) ...and I had no idea that sushi or red meat were not good for you if you are pregnant. :eek:

Stussy's_Angel

It's not the food... but rather the rawness of it and I like my steaks bloody! LOL Actually, the larger fish (like ahi tuna) have dangerous levels of mercury in them. I am suffering some nausea but fortunately I'm still able to eat most foods. The things that are least appealing right now are sweets. I never thought I'd say that!

It's funny, the things they are saying to stay away from now that weren't know about even a decade ago. I figure it can't be that bad. Women have been having healthy babies for centuries.

Stussy's_Angel

We're doing well! I've got DH worried about his cooking though. I was really sick yesterday and I'm sure it's from my little renter but he's paranoid that his cooking is making me sick. LOL Next appointment is on the 1st and I hope we'll get to hear the heartbeat then. Oh, and I had a dream Friday night that we're having a girl!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you are doing well.

I've got DH worried about his cooking though. I was really sick yesterday and I'm sure it's from my little renter but he's paranoid that his cooking is making me sick.

If he's the cook, why are you the one on the cooking forum? :hide2:

Stussy's_Angel

If he's the cook, why are you the one on the cooking forum? :hide2:

We actually both enjoy cooking he just tend to dominate the kitchen. I get to bake and do breakfast. :chef: I've sent him the link here but he's not a big on-line guy. He makes his living on the internet (web hosting, design & development) so he's not usually quick to spend his free time on line.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmm, I'm not the cook in our kitchen, and my wife is glad. Sushi planted the idea for a cooking forum in my head. What am i doing here anyway!!!????

I like making suggestions to my favorite cook. :thumb:
(by showing her new recipies, not on HOW to cook).

Stussy's_Angel

Well, unfortunately I lost the pregnancy last week. We're handling it ok and are ready to try again after I re-interview for my job thins month.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhhh, I'm so sorry to hear that. :(
Best wishes to you and your husband. I know it's tough on both of you.
I'm at a loss, I wish I could find words that might help you out, but I can't right now. So sad. :(

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We're so sorry to hear your sad news.

I'm like Doc, just don't know what to say.

Jim and Beth

Stussy's_Angel

It's a situation that words fail. Unfortunately it is a very common thing as I've discovered. My mom, MIL, several woman from other online communities, several women in my dad's office, my photo prof's wife and countless others have been in this situation and most have gone on to have completely successful pregnancies. I don't despair as I know that when the time is right we will have a little one of our own.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Words DO fail. I cant think of what is appropriate to really say. :sad: Words can NOT describe how I feel. Not in the least. Im heart broken. Im so so SOOO very sorry. :cry: It wont help what has happened but I will light a candle tonight for your loss. I wish I could give you a hug. I wish I could DO something.
Can I do something for you? Donate some time or money to something close to your heart? :sad:

melensdad

Well, unfortunately I lost the pregnancy last week. We're handling it ok and are ready to try again after I re-interview for my job thins month.

Just wanted to send my sympathy on losing the pregnancy and hope you come to grips with it without any problems. Some things are meant to be, others are not and we don't always understand why.

I don't despair as I know that when the time is right we will have a little one of our own.
And that is a wonderful outlook to have because when it is right, it will work out for you.

Last edited:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
This comes from a member called Rback33:

I heard about your recent loss and as a father, uncle and brother I send my deepest condolences and prayers. May the Lord look over and support you through these tough times.

Ironman

🍺
(((((Stussy's_Angel))))), you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight... hang in there
hugs,
MJ

Last edited:

American Woman

Hey...I'm from off topic Forumsforums.
Sushi asked that we pray for you and your loss, and I just thought I would skip over here and tell you in person. You have a good "get up and try it again" attitude.....Hang in there the time will be right and all this will be a memory. It was for me anyhow.
icon12.gif

Cory

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome melensdad (Bob) and American Woman (Cory). Thanks for coming over and consoling Stussy's Angel. :thumb: Rep points for you both. (And Sushi for bringing you over) :thumb:

Stussy's_Angel

Words DO fail. I cant think of what is appropriate to really say. :sad: Words can NOT describe how I feel. Not in the least. Im heart broken. Im so so SOOO very sorry. :cry: It wont help what has happened but I will light a candle tonight for your loss. I wish I could give you a hug. I wish I could DO something.
Can I do something for you? Donate some time or money to something close to your heart? :sad:
What a kind offer. Your kind thoughts and lit candle are more than enough.

Thank you so much everyone for the support. It's amazing how the kindness of strangers can now reach out globally to show such support.

I have the day off tomorrow and am going to track down a local tattoo artist to price some work. I've been wanting to build a family of butterflies on my back. Currently I have one to represent myself. Tomorrow I'm going to look into getting a second blue one to represent my DH with out whom I'd be lost and I'm also wanting to get a cocoon hung from (an existing) rose or a loop in some existing tribal work to symbolize our little angel that never got to become a butterfly. Here's what my back looks like now.

Attachments

• backtribal1.jpg
    backtribal1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 142

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a really good idea. Especially the cocoon part. :thumb:

Hope it's not to expensive.