What's for Dinnner Monday April 12, 2010

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
No clue just yet. Leaning towards using some of the ham steaks in the freezer.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It's Ox Tail Day !!

3_13_8.gif

Lefty

Yank
Quick and easy dictates burgers on the grill. I am going into a real busy time at work so I have lots of overtime and a crazy schedule so meals will be boring on my part. The next bunch of weeks are getting the ship ready for sea trials.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The boys have asked for sausage & baked bean casserole. I'm making a plaited loaf to go with it.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's Ox Tail Day !!

3_13_8.gif

Uh, sorry LT, that does not sound good. Are you serious?

The boys have asked for sausage & baked bean casserole. I'm making a plaited loaf to go with it.

That does sound good Mini. Been years since I've had that, but it does sure sound good.

We are having steaks and baked potatoes tonight.

Congrats JoeV, you are now entered in the Win a NCT Apron contest for starting the What's for Dinner thread today. Way to go. Your lucky number will be 12. :thumb:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm thinking about going on the South Beach Diet. Maybe today is a good day to start. Not sure what I'll make...

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Uh, sorry LT, that does not sound good. Are you serious?

Doc, ox tails are delicious when done right. They are usually cooked for a long time, or under pressure. They become fall apart tender, and very flavorful...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm making a stew...... Tune in later for pics !

Meanwhile, revisit the "Getting a Jump on Monday" thread for member comments.
LT

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
We had brats and baked beans last night and they were so good, we may have them again tonight.

GotGarlic

I have yoga tonight, so DH will be making Trader Joe's frozen orange chicken, rice and pot stickers. I'll make the dipping sauce :mrgreen:

vyapti

I've got no time to cook tonight and I'll be working late a lot this week. But, I made some Poblano Cheese Sauce and Hot Onion Relish yesterday and I've got a package of Field Roast Sausages in the fridge, so It'll be Hot Dogs and Tater Tots for dinner.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm cooking french onion soup & sammiches. jake figured we should make grilled cheeses, too. i'm cooking a few for him & if i get a ripe tomato, i'll compile a sammich for me of the tomato, mayonnaise, pepper, salt.....
i'd love a few salted scallions, too, for snacking while i wait for jake.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, the brats were a hit around here, my friends Cathy and Linda came over and dined with me.

I ate one and half the beans, and ALL the pickle chips lol

Yes, my food runs together sometimes..:lol:

2010-04-12 16-40-52.082.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
OK Lucky. After days of anticipation, we need more than JUST photos. It looks fabulous, but we need to know how you liked it and if you'd do it the same way next time.

Come on....come on.....:kiss:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
OK Lucky. After days of anticipation, we need more than JUST photos. It looks fabulous, but we need to know how you liked it and if you'd do it the same way next time.

Come on....come on.....:kiss:

Well, it was great !
I'll post the recipe in the Stew Forum...............
If I ever get hold of another couple pounds I'll probably shoot for a Braised Oxtails recipe that I found when I was searching for this one.

:chef:

Last edited: