• 2.85 Amp
  • 1725 RPM
This sale includes:

• Hobart N-50 Stand Mixer
  • 4 Bowls
  • 2 Wires
  • 1 Dough hook
  • 2 Mixers
It is in very good condition and I already have the copper bowl for it. The best part is I spent about 1/3 of what the other ones that I had bid on in the past went for.:clap::clap::clap:.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo! Congrats, Susan! I know you have been watching and waiting for the perfect one! I can't wait til you get it and post pics!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thanks--I knew if I were patient I would find one at a good price. The other auctions creeped up towards what a brand new one would cost and Leolady assured me this was a nice one. She told me each of the bowls are worth $50. I know that I will have to relearn how to bake because this thing is soooo much more efficient than my ksm90 kitchenaid and that is pretty efficient as it is. lol I will really be able to have fun and relax. I can't wait to use the copper bowl and make either buttercream or meringue or angelfood cake. Now, I can look for the water jacket. Woo hoo!!!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I just followed your advice to a T. Now, what do I do about rust if there is any? I is there a magical product to buy?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I just followed your advice to a T. Now, what do I do about rust if there is any? I is there a magical product to buy?

Way to go Susan. Good purchase.

Barkeepers Friend available everywhere for rust removal on most all metals.

leolady

Yes, it was a wonderful price!!!

Amazing girl!

I would not scrub too hard on the finish because it can be removed that way. Gentle, gentle! A little food safe oil on the spots afterward every once in a while will keep the rust from spreading.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The OED dough hook and water jacket are mine as well!!! Thanks for finding them for me and at such good prices. Only cost me about an extra $100. By the way, the bowls are closer to $82 a piece not $50. I really did get an amazing deal--lots less than the other machines and this one is in really great working order.

So, keep your eyes open for the pastry knife--that should complete what I wanted for now. lol

As for pics, they are on ebay. I am still pinching myself!!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, everything should be here shortly. He has been sent.
Thanks, Leolady--it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't okayed the mixer.

leolady

You do realize that multi mixer owners on the Kitchenaid forum name their mixers!

Now you have two, you are "required" to christen them -- or the Jewish equilvilant.

gadzooks

Congratulations on your new N-50, PieSusan. You now own the best 5qt. countertop stand mixer made, and it will give you a lifetime of service...also pull five water skiers if you bolt it down in a boat and get a lo-o-o-ong extension cord. And that copper liner bowl rocks...meringue by the gallon! I'll be over for some PIE!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
You do realize that multi mixer owners on the Kitchenaid forum name their mixers!

Now you have two, you are "required" to christen them -- or the Jewish equilvilant.

No, I had no idea that one had to name our mixers. Well my ksm90 shall be named AHAVA because she is pure love. She has made so many people happy over the years.

I shall name the n-50, SIMCHA which is the word for happiness because even without being here yet, she has made me very happy.

Thanks, I really like this concept.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Hebrew, sweetie!!! It arrived today and I just opened up the package. It was boxed as you suggested, too, Leolady. The second wire whisk that we thought was mishapen has missing tines but otherwise everything else is in good shape. I need to clean it up a bit and it is heavy as hell! I an winded from unwrapping it!! My friend in the restaurant supply business was amazed at the deal that I got. I was also told by Globe that I can get a copy of the manual from the hobart site at http://www.hobartcorp.com
I promised a friend some brownies and he shall get them!!!
Woo hoo!!!

FryBoy

Susan said I could post the photos and video of her "new" Hobart, which the seller included in his EBay ad. She may post her own photos once she gets the mixer unpacked and set up.

Here's the link to the YouTube video that the seller included, a nice touch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOICZiBNlM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvi.ebaydesc.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItemDescV4%26item%3D170351669757%26t%3D1246407791000%26ds%3D0%26js%3D-1%26ssid%3D0%26seller%3Dredgeminipa%26ca&feature=player_embedded

And here are the photos:

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Actually, I gave them female names. So, no brit milahs--but we could have a baby naming parties.

buckytom

Grill Master
leolady, let me help you translate for susan.

you'd say' "oy, such a deal!", which means that she got a great price.

"it's runs like buttah" means that it works quite well.

:wink:

i think you were due for a barukh, susan. good luck with it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, the bread ed dough hook and the water jacket both arrived today. So, with the copper bowl that I bought last December--I have a really nice mixer. Leolady, you are right, I need to buy a cart for it and all the stuff. It is a lot and heavy!!

BT--you are very funny! Now, come here and say that! (lol)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Did I mention how excited I am that everything arrived? I am just too pooped to pop to play with it, yet.:chef: