What's For Dinner - Sunday, Jul 28 to Saturday, Aug 6

Cooksie

Site Supporter
What's everyone cooking? I love to see what everyone has cooked, but sadly there hasn't been much participation in the dinner threads lately :unsure:. So, come out, come out wherever you are and show us your dinner from near or from far :encore:

Last night's dinner - broiled catfish with lemon pepper, butter, and lemon juice with a side of watermelon and feta salad - filets were small so I went with two :brows::

BroiledCatfishLemonButter.jpg

Embryodad

This morning I made fried ham chips in oil and butter, and made Toasted English Muffins w Ham and cheese for GD for work and for me.
3sak.jpg

I made Beef and Mushrooms and carrots with over noodles for GD for supper, and with Potato Dumplings For Tina.

l3xk.jpg

a7qd.jpg

3i0i.jpg

I had zucchini sticks and a little eggplant stuffed that "T" Mommy bought.

oyec.jpg

0xhw.jpg

A nice salad...with just olive oil.
2avu.jpg

And then I had the dumplings and a spoon of the beef.
I am Full. Gonna have a coffee and a doughnut now! I got to have dessert!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
What's everyone cooking? I love to see what everyone has cooked, but sadly there hasn't been much participation in the dinner threads lately :unsure:. So, come out, come out wherever you are and show us your dinner from near or from far :encore:

Last night's dinner - broiled catfish with lemon pepper, butter, and lemon juice with a side of watermelon and feta salad - filets were small so I went with two :brows::

WOW! That looks yummy!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
This morning I made fried ham chips in oil and butter, and made Toasted English Muffins w Ham and cheese for GD for work and for me.
3sak.jpg

I made Beef and Mushrooms and carrots with over noodles for GD for supper, and with Potato Dumplings For Tina.

l3xk.jpg

a7qd.jpg

3i0i.jpg

I had zucchini sticks and a little eggplant stuffed that "T" Mommy bought.

oyec.jpg

0xhw.jpg

A nice salad...with just olive oil.
2avu.jpg

And then I had the dumplings and a spoon of the beef.
I am Full. Gonna have a coffee and a doughnut now! I got to have dessert!

Very Nice!

Embryodad

Looks awesome Cooksie..... yep!...i'm a two fillet person too!:yum:

PanchoHambre

last night was London Broil with a Quinoa pesto with veggies

DSCN0948_zps1a6333d9.jpg

In the future if combining Quinoa and Eggplan I would dress the Quinoa first and just lightly toss in the eggplant - the roasted eggplant and quinoa sort of mush together - taste good but not so pretty

Tonight was another dinner on the grill - in a cast iron pan tho

DSCN0949_zps7b90419e.jpg

chicken and potatoes with a simple cucumber salad - one pot - no turning on the stove and heating the house really plain meal but better, cheaper and more healthful than takeout.

Embryodad

last night was London Broil with a Quinoa pesto with veggies

DSCN0948_zps1a6333d9.jpg

In the future if combining Quinoa and Eggplan I would dress the Quinoa first and just lightly toss in the eggplant - the roasted eggplant and quinoa sort of mush together - taste good but not so pretty

Tonight was another dinner on the grill - in a cast iron pan tho

DSCN0949_zps7b90419e.jpg

chicken and potatoes with a simple cucumber salad - one pot - no turning on the stove and heating the house really plain meal but better, cheaper and more healthful than takeout.

Can't beat the cast iron pan on the outdoor grill. There is something about the outside air. Nice and fresh, and fart free. LOL

The Broil Looks awesome PH.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made a nice anniversary dinner for my bride of 41 years today, and she was pleased with my offering. Pan seared pork chops, fried potatoes, veggie medley and a nice salad.

Embryodad

I made a nice anniversary dinner for my bride of 41 years today, and she was pleased with my offering. Pan seared pork chops, fried potatoes, veggie medley and a nice salad.

Well.... Happy Anniversary To you Both! God Bless You!
Nice Meal...
Hope you both had a great time...

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
i participate! i don't cook every night tho.

Sundayk, we grilled steaks, fresh corn and vegetable kabobs.
monday, we had fresh fish, baked caulif,lower, and sweet poatoes.

leftovers tonite and not sure of rest of the week.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. JoeV :dancing:

Those potato dumplings look like something I would really like, Jimmy. Got a recipe?

Tonight is mussels...keeping my fingers crossed that I have anchovie paste. If not, I'll just wing it like I always do :mrgreen:.

Embryodad

Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. JoeV :dancing:

Those potato dumplings look like something I would really like, Jimmy. Got a recipe?

Tonight is mussels...keeping my fingers crossed that I have anchovie paste. If not, I'll just wing it like I always do :mrgreen:.

Cooksie...they are a Bavarian box mix. add 2 cups water or milk...I use milk
and wait 10 minutes..form into 2 inch balls and boil 20 minutes slow boil uncovered 4 qt. pot.
I use a 1 inch cookie scooper because they are smaller that way. makes like 18 or so.
Smaller yet...I make or shall I say, they make great gnocchi's. ( potato gnocchi )
I didn't buy them here on amazon...just used for show and tell. hahahahaha
They have them in the supermarkets.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Panni-Bavarian-Potato-Dumpling-6-88-Ounce/dp/B001E5E3X0[/ame]

Embryodad

Oh Well.....
Simple Supper Tonight!

GD had spaghetti with meat sauce... Doughnuts for dessert, and leftovers packed for her tomorrows supper.

Image has been scaled down 84% (700x395). Click this bar to view original image (4320x2432). Click image to open in new window.​

I had a BLTCH on Toast... Bacon / lettuce / tomato / cheese / and ham.
l8b1.jpg

NutZ For Dessert.... Squirrel dessert..hahahahaha
ffwz.jpg

PanchoHambre

]Can't beat the cast iron pan on the outdoor grill. There is something about the outside air. Nice and

Agreed! I think it has to do with the enveloping heat you get from the grill vs the point source on the stove - I know my CI is heated far more evenly on the grill.

Unfortunately tonight I ran out of gas LOL so I had to move it to the stove anyway

DSCN0956_zps82156d18.jpg

not so pretty but came ok

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Well.....
Simple Supper Tonight!

GD had spaghetti with meat sauce... Doughnuts for dessert, and leftovers packed for her tomorrows supper.

Image has been scaled down 84% (700x395). Click this bar to view original image (4320x2432). Click image to open in new window.​

I had a BLTCH on Toast... Bacon / lettuce / tomato / cheese / and ham.
l8b1.jpg

NutZ For Dessert.... Squirrel dessert..hahahahaha
ffwz.jpg
[/QUOTM

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Monday we pan fried in butter some fish and baked tater tots with dinner rolls. Last night was Burger King since we were on the road. Tonight I will scrounge the fridge for leftovers since the wife is having outpatient surgery and won't be eating much for a few days. Trying to work my way through the freezers and use up some things before the garden harvest comes. We have entirely too much stuff left from last year to use first. The fresh lettuce and peas have been messing with my coumadin levels but the peas are just about gone now.

PanchoHambre

Agreed! I think it has to do with the enveloping heat you get from the grill vs the point source on the stove - I know my CI is heated far more evenly on the grill.

Unfortunately tonight I ran out of gas LOL so I had to move it to the stove anyway

DSCN0956_zps82156d18.jpg

not so pretty but came ok

oh I did not mention what that think on my plate actually is LOL

its my first attempt a a quinoa burger - or maybe a beanoa burger as it has beans too - my mix came good but maybe a bit dry

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cooksie...they are a Bavarian box mix. add 2 cups water or milk...I use milk
and wait 10 minutes..form into 2 inch balls and boil 20 minutes slow boil uncovered 4 qt. pot.
I use a 1 inch cookie scooper because they are smaller that way. makes like 18 or so.
Smaller yet...I make or shall I say, they make great gnocchi's. ( potato gnocchi )
I didn't buy them here on amazon...just used for show and tell. hahahahaha
They have them in the supermarkets.

http://www.amazon.com/Panni-Bavarian-Potato-Dumpling-6-88-Ounce/dp/B001E5E3X0

Thanks, I'll have to look for that at the grocery store. If it's made by Knorr, it's got to be good :thumb:.

It's good to see some more food pics in here!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pasta, salad & baguette, I'm also eating the leftovers for breakfast right now.:ohmy:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Salmon cooked in a foil pouch over saffron rice with mango & avocado salsa:

SalmonMangoAvocado.jpg

Mangos are cheap right now...$.48 each :bounce:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Beautiful plate, Cooksie. I made bread this morning since it was the first day I've had off in the past 10 days, then defrosted some pulled pork and made gravy, broccoli & smashed taters for dinner.

Embryodad

GD and Tina had mac salad.

I had a fried eggs and hot peppers and mozzarella cheese with toast.

Ice cream sandwich ( vanilla ); chocolate cookie.

Had a half cup of mixed nuts too!

PanchoHambre

Joe I always shed a tear over your bread - too beautiful

Cooksie - Salmon here too :)
DSCN0963_zpscb913047.jpg

Wild Caught Salmon (by Shopright not me LOL) Grilled Zuchinni picked from the garden this evening and crispy potatoes - drizzled in homemade vinaigrette with fresh basil from the garden

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a big hamburger with grilled onions and mushrooms and Swiss cheese for a late lunch. Dinner will be something light.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Have you got a recipe for the pork chops & potatoes au gratin dandidiamond. That would go down well here.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
This was not all that fancy- But it was tasty-
I fried up the potatoes and onions, layered them
in the pan with white sauce and cheese.