NCTs Iron Chef 7: Battle Chocolate

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
But yeah, sweet chocolate plus smokey and salty bacon....it was a great experience! Add a swallow of sweet wine or champagne to it, and WOW!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have been using a milk chocolate but it has a high cocoa percent something like 30%... i really like it for cooking

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, Coco is coming home for Mark's engagement party. Naturally, I'm convinced she's starving.
So, fairly soon, there will be pictures...

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Last night we made hot fudge sundaes. Homemade vanilla ice cream and hot milk chocolate/caramel sauce.

Attachments

• milk caramel fudge.jpg
    milk caramel fudge.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 245

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Last night we made hot fudge sundaes. Homemade vanilla ice cream and hot milk chocolate/caramel sauce.

i could go for a nice bowl of homemade ice cream.. i am a chocoholic but when it comes to ice cream i like caramel on mine..really strange

i am going to be remaking my entry again next week sometime... i posted my recipe on another forum i am on and a chocolate maker offered to send me a bar of his chocolate... Habanaero Chocolate...that will kick my dish right up to the desire heat level, cant wait to try it

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ice Cream Cake - Lol, this is not my forte. I usually just use a little freehand drizzle to put the chocolate on the top. Should have stuck with the tried-n-true drizzle--comes out looking wayyyyy better. It was fun anyway......still cussing those leaves :tongue:.

3666328068_ccfc47f39e.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That is amazing!! Looks fantastic!

How did you do the leaves? They look perfect to me! Great job!!! :clap:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Cooksie -

Those leaves are a lot of work. They came out great, though!:tiphat:

Ice cream, cake, and chocolate all at the same time. That's heaven!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks all. Keltin, you paint melted chocolate on the back of real leaves (washed and non-toxic). Then you put them in the freezer and hope like hell that you can pull the leaf from the chocolate. They're a bitch, and I call them leaves from hell now :(.

SilverSage....tips please :).

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Ice Cream Cake - Lol, this is not my forte. I usually just use a little freehand drizzle to put the chocolate on the top. Should have stuck with the tried-n-true drizzle--comes out looking wayyyyy better. It was fun anyway......still cussing those leaves :tongue:.

3666328068_ccfc47f39e.jpg

OMG Cooksie, You rock!! :clap:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
The food photography is amazing everyone. I really need to learn how to use my digital camera better.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks all. Keltin, you paint melted chocolate on the back of real leaves (washed and non-toxic). Then you put them in the freezer and hope like hell that you can pull the leaf from the chocolate. They're a bitch, and I call them leaves from hell now :(.

SilverSage....tips please :).

That's incredible! Sounds tough, but you did it great!! :clap:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Cooksie, I think the leaves are a lovely touch! Beautiful job.

I will have two entries this afternoon..........

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Mine isn't fancy and it isn't all chocolate, can't eat a lot of chocolate at once, but, it is chocolate, none the less, lol. Simple and my favorite dessert.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.

100_3120.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
That looks great Texas! How much do you love cleaning all the flying bits of chocolate shavings before they melt????

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you! It's good too, lol
I don't, that's why I waited until this morning to do it, while it's still cool in the house. lol

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Not had much time this week - so here is my son's birthday cake. The recipe was off the internet & I can't find it now.

Attachments

• DSC00070.jpg
    DSC00070.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 151

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I love that you took the time to put a design with the candy and not just toss them on!! Good job, Ray!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Mine isn't fancy and it isn't all chocolate, can't eat a lot of chocolate at once, but, it is chocolate, none the less, lol. Simple and my favorite dessert.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.

Ummmmm creamy cheesecake and cookie dough :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Not had much time this week - so here is my son's birthday cake. The recipe was off the internet & I can't find it now.

That's the kind of old-fashioned birthday cake that every kid should have. I can't even eat the icing that comes on the store-bought cakes nowadays. Great job!