4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Instant coffee powder - to taste

(Glossy mocha frosting recipe below)

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and dust with cocoa powder instead of flour so you don't have white sides; 13x9x2 pan. Heat chocolate in large microwave safe glass bowl, microwave on high 1 minute at a time, stirring it after each minute, just till melted (be sure not to over heat or it will scorch and taste bitter. Or the oils will separate and break the chocolate). Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix in remaining ingredients. Spread in pan. Bake until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. About 30 minutes. (Don not over bake) cool slightly (about 5minutes); spread with frosting (recipe below). Cool completely in pan; cut into bars.

Glossy mocha frosting:

3 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened bakers chocolate
3 Tbls. Shortening
2 c. powdered (confectioners superfine) sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. finely chopped nuts (optional)
Instant coffee powder - to taste

Heat chocolate in large microwave safe glass bowl, microwave on high 1 minute at a time, stirring it after each minute, just till melted (be sure not to over heat or it will scorch and taste bitter. Or the oils will separate and break the chocolate). Stir in powdered sugar, instant coffee powder, salt, milk and vanilla; beat with hand mixer until smooth. Place bowl of frosting in larger bowl of ice and water; continue beating until smooth and of spreading consistency. Stir in nuts.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
thank you and you're welcome. these are so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!! they don't last long

lilylove

I'm going to have to make these for the neighbors! We owe them a treat and these sound great!!!

Besides if I make them I get to lick the spoons!!!!

Deelady

Send me some too Lily!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the site!! :D

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
thank you ladies!! oh go for it make them and enjoy a whole brownie!! let me know what you think of them. you can leave the coffee out and they will still be good but i love mocha!!

Last edited:

lilylove

I won't be baking until after I get home from vacation but... I'll let ya know when I make them!! :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh no way!! the coffee is STAYING!! :D
LOL thats what i said!! i played with this recipe till i got it just the way i liked it THEN added the coffee and sent it over the top to brownie heaven!! LOL i hope you enjoy them!!

Deelady

I have an odd question......I had two boxes of chocolate squares one bittersweet and one unsweetened....and my dear little monkey mixed them up together in the middle of my holiday baking.......anyone know how I can tell them apart to seperate them again?? I really dont want o take a nibble of each! :p

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have an odd question......I had two boxes of chocolate squares one bittersweet and one unsweetened....and my dear little monkey mixed them up together in the middle of my holiday baking.......anyone know how I can tell them apart to seperate them again?? I really dont want o take a nibble of each! :p
i wouldn't worry about it. it will probably taste great. as a matter of a fact i was planning on trying this recipe with 1/2 and 1/2.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
but what if I accidentally choose all unsweetened! lol I dont think that will be very tasty....
are you talking about the 1 oz squares of bakers chocolate? if so thats what this recipe calls for. squares of bakers chololate aren't used like chocolate chips.

Deelady

yep the squares....half of what I had was the completely unsweetened kind and the other is semi sweet. When they all got mixed together they look the same! :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
yep the squares....half of what I had was the completely unsweetened kind and the other is semi sweet. When they all got mixed together they look the same! :)
ok i am confused. you said bittersweet which is bitter (not much sugar added and dark) and i thought would go well with the unsweetened chocoalte. semi sweet is pretty sweet.

btw i don't need much help getting confused i do a pretty good job on my own.:tongue:

Deelady

I could mix them if I was sure I was mixing in an equal amount of both, but what if I accidentally choose 3 unsweetened and 1 semisweet.......it wouldnt work I am guessing...??

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I could mix them if I was sure I was mixing in an equal amount of both, but what if I accidentally choose 3 unsweetened and 1 semisweet.......it wouldnt work I am guessing...??
hmmmmmmmm i got an idea melt it all down and dip strawberries in it :thumb: YUMMY!! problem solved.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
lol dont tempt me!!!
:yum::yum: angeldevil.gif tempt tempt and pass some along to me!!

Last edited:

Deelady

LOL that is a funny smiley! did you get that on the list here??

I actually just served Chocholate dipped strawberries along with homemade doughnut holes to dip in the chocolate, this past weekend for a get together we had :) Soooooo gooooooooddd!! :D :D

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL that is a funny smiley! did you get that on the list here??

I actually just served Chocholate dipped strawberries along with homemade doughnut holes to dip in the chocolate, this past weekend for a get together we had :) Soooooo gooooooooddd!! :D :D
nope that is a smilie i came upon along the way!! i collect the ones i like from whereever and share them.

:applause:i want some chocolate covered cherries and strawberries!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Check, check and double check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made these this morning. They are great!!

Thank You Peep.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Check, check and double check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made these this morning. They are great!!

Thank You Peep.
thank you and you are very welcome!! do you have any pics?

i need to make these and post some pics!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oooo! Didn't see this first time around!

I love mocha, too! Copied and saved.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oooo! Didn't see this first time around!

I love mocha, too! Copied and saved.

Lee
i love mocha also. the two were made for each other even more than chocolate and peanut butter.

let me know what you think and post some pics if possible.