NCT's Iron Chef 4: Battle Sandwich

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sunday Summer Brunch Sandwich

These are the ingredients I used....naturally, I would hope you'd use the breads, greens and tomatoes you prefer.

Hand sliced Marble Rye
Applewood Smoked Bacon
Heirloom cherry tomatoes
Baby Spinach Leaves
Irish Butter
Large Eggs, over easy

JuneDinners017.jpg

JuneDinners018.jpg

JuneDinners019.jpg

JuneDinners020.jpg

JuneDinners021.jpg

JuneDinners022.jpg

GotGarlic

This is a riff off of Alton Brown's Pan Bagnat. I used the sauce (red wine vinegar, EVOO, Dijon mustard and S&P) but replaced the other ingredients with some that I like better: Grilled sliced chicken, fresh garden lettuce, roasted red peppers, and shredded mozzarella cheese.

Because the bread is hollowed out some before filling, it's a great sandwich for a picnic - the filling doesn't squish out the sides when you take a bite :smile: Cut the sandwich into serving-size pieces and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Keep cold in a cooler till ready to eat. I like to bring along a potato salad and vinegar-marinated cucumbers.

Attachments

• pan-bagnat-800w.jpg
    pan-bagnat-800w.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Every one looks great! Here is one of my favorites. Bagel with cream cheese and lox.

img020812859249.jpg

img021013220495.jpg

1 Everything bagel
Whipped cream cheese
1.5 oz. Nova salmon

Slice and toast the bagel, and spread cream cheese on both halves. Coarsely chop the salmon, and place on one half of the bagel. Put the top half of the bagel on the bottom half, and cut in half. Serve with kosher dill pickles.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Every one looks great! Here is one of my favorites. Bagel with cream cheese and lox.

img020812859249.jpg

img021013220495.jpg

1 Everything bagel
Whipped cream cheese
1.5 oz. Nova salmon

Slice and toast the bagel, and spread cream cheese on both halves. Coarsely chop the salmon, and place on one half of the bagel. Put the top half of the bagel on the bottom half, and cut in half. Serve with kosher dill pickles.

I'm drooling, lol :a1: