NCT’s Iron Chef 3: Battle Pasta

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Chili Macaroni

I made this for lunch, and I've eaten it twice now, and there is still some left!

1# Ground beef
1 Medium onion, diced
2 t Chili powder
1 t Cumin, ground
1/2 t Black pepper, coarsely ground
1/2 t Salt, more as needed
1 8 oz. can Tomato sauce
2 cups Chicken or beef stock
6 oz. Elbow macaroni

In a sauce pan, brown beef with onion, and drain. Add everything else but the pasta. Make sure liquid covers at least 1/4", or add water. Simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. While chili is simmering, cook pasta in water to desired doneness. Drain pasta, and combine with chili.

Top with shredded cheese, dust with chili powder, add a dollop of sour cream, and serve hot.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Beautiful dish, Lesley. You can't go wrong with heavy cream and parm :wub:.

RobsanX, that looks very tasty. Everything's better with a "dollop."

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
RobsanX, that looks very tasty. Everything's better with a "dollop."

Thanks! I never used to put sour cream in my chili until I moved to WI. I never even considered it! It's pretty popular here in the dairy state, and now I actually enjoy it.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Here's mine. It's Penne with a Vodka/fresh tomato cream sauce and basil chiffonade.

I just love it when the tomatoes and basil are fresh in my backyard!

Attachments

• penne ala vodka.jpg
    penne ala vodka.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 174
  • penne al vodka basil.jpg
    penne al vodka basil.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 177

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Here's mine. It's Penne with a Vodka/fresh tomato cream sauce and basil chiffonade.

i heard that there were leftovers and you were going to need to find a home to ship them to..lol

looks awesome SS:chef:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

That looks incredible!!! Wonderful job!! I'll take two plates please! :clap:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Plain old macaroni salad! This is how WE like it.

Ingredients:

4 Hard cooked large eggs
2 C (dry) Pasta shapes (I used ditilini and elbows because that's all that was in the cupboard)
1/4 C Finely slices celery
1/4 C Shredded carrots
1/4 C Finely diced sweet onion (optional)
2 T (heaping) Sweet pickle relish
1 C (+/_) Miracle Whip or Hellman's Mayo or 50/50 mix of each
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:

Put eggs in a sauce pan and fill with water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and leave covered for 15 minutes. Then cool the eggs by running under cold water and filling pan with ice cubes. Peel shells when cool to the touch, then dice 3 eggs and put in bowl. Reserve one egg to slice and decorate top of salad.

Cook macaroni al dente then run under cold water to stop cooking. When cool throw in the bowl.

Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and adjust flavor with salt & pepper. Top with sliced hard cooked egg. May garnish with parsley and dust top of salad with light coating of paprika.

NOTE: Volumes of ingredients are estimates only, and are subject to your individual tastes. Mayo is most subjective as some folks like a little mayo while others like to have the pasta swimming in the mayo.

Enjoy!

MacaroniSalad.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Ingredients:

4 Hard cooked large eggs
2 C (dry) Pasta shapes (I used ditilini and elbows because that's all that was in the cupboard)
1/4 C Shredded carrots
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:

Put eggs in a sauce pan and fill with water to cover the eggs and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and leave covered for 15 minutes. Then cool the eggs by running under cold water and filling pan with ice cubes. Peel shells when cool to the touch, then dice 3 eggs and put in bowl. Reserve one egg to slice and decorate top of salad.

Cook macaroni al dente then run under cold water to stop cooking. When cool throw in the bowl.

Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and adjust flavor with salt & pepper. Top with sliced hard cooked egg. May garnish with parsley and dust top of salad with light coating of paprika.

NOTE: Volumes of ingredients are estimates only, and are subject to your individual tastes. Mayo is most subjective as some folks like a little mayo while others like to have the pasta swimming in the mayo.

Enjoy!

Woo-Hoo!! That's my kind of Macaroni Salad!! Excellent! :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

Ingredients:

4 Hard cooked large eggs
1/4 C Shredded carrots
Salt & Pepper to taste
Enjoy!

we make it very similar...to mix it up we throw a can of ham,chicken or tuna in it and some cheese chunks

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made pasta again last night. I bought a bunch of penne at Costco so I guess I'm in a rut.

Last night I use Boursin cheese, sun dried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts, capers, and more garden fresh basil.

Attachments

• pasta boursin sdtomatoes basil.jpg
    pasta boursin sdtomatoes basil.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 161

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
okay...here we go...

Bronze cut rotini with crab and lobster in a saffron mushroom cream sauce.

weekenddinner075.jpg

weekenddinner081.jpg

weekenddinner087.jpg

weekenddinner087.jpg
weekenddinner091.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You'd have to get by him, first.....he makes me laugh..
weekenddinner086.jpg

He insisted I not take this picture...but then he put on his best 'look how I can smile for the camera' smile... We'd already had two tequila manhattans by this time.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
O----M----G!!!

I think I just wet myself!

VERA!! That is absolutely incredible. I have a tear in my eye right now!!

Damn, I haven't eaten dinner yet, and it's already ruined. Nothing can compare to this! Absolutely amazing!! :applause::applause::applause::applause:

I'll take two plates please!!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
There are still two servings left in the kitchen...and I'm quite buzzed right now, by the way...

sipping cognac by the way..

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
but i would be willing to marry you right now...this instant... is he????:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

You'd have to get by him, first.....he makes me laugh..
weekenddinner086.jpg

He insisted I not take this picture...but then he put on his best 'look how I can smile for the camera' smile... We'd already had two tequila manhattans by this time.