NCT's International Iron Chef II (everyone join!!)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My entry - pork chops with leek & tomato sauce, baked potato & veg

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 170

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Looks and sounds awesome MiniMan! Got a recipe; I'd like to give this one a whirl!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks! DH apparently liked them pretty well, he ate two and declared the other two were his lunch for tomorrow :lol:. I guess I'll be making these again.

PanchoHambre

great pics folks... damn you makin me hungry

I LOVE pork oh and I could contribute if my stove was not covered in plastic sitting in the backyard

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Vera just reminded me in the dinner thread! :lol:

Today is the last day to post your recipes for the NCT IC2 Batlle Pork. Get 'em in by midnight if you have 'em!

Great job to everyone that has alredy posted. We could seriously make a cookbook out of these entries! :clap:

chowhound

Vera just reminded me in the dinner thread! :lol:

Today is the last day to post your recipes for the NCT IC2 Batlle Pork. Get 'em in by midnight if you have 'em!

Great job to everyone that has alredy posted. We could seriously make a cookbook out of these entries! :clap:

Now that merits some thought... Especially for someone like me still stuck in the past... I print out all the recipes I like anyway. It would nbe nice to have them organized in book form. "The NCT TNT Cookbook". hmmm

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Well this wasn't what I really intended on making, but I'm saving my special meal for DW's birthday tomorrow. Since this is not a contest, I'll post pics of that tomorrow.

Pork chops with rice and cream gravy, and asparagus with scallions sauteed in garlic butter...

img019213119919.jpg

2 Pork Chops
1.5 cup white rice
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything but the pork chops and pour into a 9x9 pan. Lay pork chops on top, and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 15-20 min. Serve hot.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome! I LOVE pork chops and gravy. I also LOVE rice and gravy. Not many people seem to, but I love it. Wonderful meal!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That looks great TG! Can you explain your dish and tell us what your inspiration was?

I'll take a recipe too! :lol:

Looks fantastic! :clap:

Love2"Q"

umm .. is that real butcher block or formica ...
it looks really nice ...

so does the food .. way to go girl ...

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Than you!!
I don't know why I made it, just sounded good, lol
recipe is posted.

It is apple salsa

and it's a real butcher block table that I use for an island table. It's heavy too, lol

100_2876.jpg

Last edited:

chowhound

That's a nice looking piece of pork, Stacy.

I make something similar on the stovetop, Rob. Rice, pork and gravy is indeed a sweet thing.