Allen's Chicken Alfredo

AllenOK

I originally posted this last year over on DC in the "Ultimate Fettucini Alfredo" thread. This has to be the absolute BEST Chicken Fett. Alf. that I've ever had. I have a standing $5 bet with any member or employee of the club to find someplace in Tulsa that makes a better version than I do. I have yet to pay out. I can tell you that a chain restaurant like The Olive Garden just cannot compete with my product. The only real competition will come from some little mom-and-pop trattoria.

I keep my pasta pre-portioned in ziplock baggies, frozen. When I start one, I just dump the pasta into a hot water bath in a collander. When it's time to add the pasta, just lift the collander out, drain, and pour the pasta into the saute pan.

Allen's Chicken Alfredo
Yields: 1 serving, 2 if you're on a diet

clarified butter
one boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1/2" dice
2 T shallots, julienned
2 - 3 t minced garlic, or to taste
2 good-sized button mushrooms, sliced
2 good-sized shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 T white wine
1 c heavy cream
6 oz cooked fettucini
1/4 c (or more to taste) shredded parmesan
salt and pepper to taste.

Heat a saute pan over high heat. Once the pan begins to smoke a bit, add the butter and swirl to coat. Add the chicken. Saute until the chicken is browned. If it sticks, just scrape it around. This will help with the flavor. Add the shallots, garlic, and both mushrooms. Saute for couple of minutes, stirring or shaking frequently. Deglaze with the wine, then add the cream. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add the pasta, and toss to coat. Reduce the sauce, shaking and rolling several times, until most of the water has evaporated. Add the cheese, and toss and roll the pasta several times to blend and melt the cheese into the sauce. Taste, and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Roll the pasta in the pan, then slide it into a large bowl.
I garnish with some extra parm on top, a sprinkle of fresh chives, and a couple parmesan croutons.

2007chickenfettalfag2.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that looks absolutely FANTASTIC, Allen!!!

I really love pictures! :)

Allenfredo .... good name for it, BT! :smile:

Lee