Franken-Pantry VI

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh thank you, thank you all. I googled "stuffed pork tenderloin" and found this nice little video on YouTube telling me how to cut and tie it: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds-jkCny_Z0[/ame]

To keep it moist, you just have to resist the urge to overcook it. I spent a fair amount of time browning it, and then finished it in a hot oven for about 20 minutes. I wrapped it in foil and let it finish on its own for about 10-15 minutes while I made the sauce.

You can only eat so much of this - it is really rich. When I make it again, I'll use some stock along with the cream in the sauce to cut the richness a bit. Some lemon zest along with the lemon juice would also be nice - I don't know why I didn't think of that until after I had tossed the squeezed lemon.

This would be a great dish for company, because you can stuff it and tie it early in the day, then brown and finish it while people are having appetizers.

I had so much fun making this and do genuinely appreciate all the positive comments, amigos. I do think we're going to have to stock the next Franken Pantry with some healthier items - more vegetables, maybe some tomatoes. I can almost hear my arteries snapping shut!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I do think we're going to have to stock the next Franken Pantry with some healthier items - more vegetables, maybe some tomatoes. I can almost hear my arteries snapping shut!

:yum:

Some ceviche, salad, dips, maybe soups.......yeah, I see your point! We'll have to Veg up the next Pantry! :biggrin:

LETHAL GTS

Well I had to scramble to get to the store before it closed last night. I had a very busy weekend between work and my girlfriends sons birthday etc..
BUT, the great news is that my buddy Rick and I had an awesome meal last night (even if I do say so myself:bonk:).

I made Lobster Linguine and Sake Shrimp.

First I infused my butter with crushed rosemary.
Then I added the garlic powder.
Once this was done I added chopped mushrooms and sauteed them until they became slightly cooked but still firm and adding salt and pepper to taste as well as some pinot noir and with the zest of one half lemon (I kept some back for garnishing later).
I added a bit of heavy cream just to see how well things would combine.
Then I added fresh chopped baby spinach and fresh chopped basil. Once it became wilted I transferred the sauce to a small pot and added heavy cream. Being careful not to boil the cream I allowed it to steep for a while (maybe 30 mins) before I removed it from the heat. In the meantime I started with my Lobster. I removed the shell and diced the lobster into bite size pieces. Then using the same sauce pan with a little leftover rosemary infused butter I seared the lobster then added it after to the pot.

I then started to saute my shrimp in butter garlic powder and you guessed it rosemary. I must say I was sure disappointed that I could not find fresh rosemary last night, but my pestle and mortar helped me get the most from my dry rosemary. I added salt and pepper and then about 6 oz of SAKE (rice wine). I sauteed this mixture until the linguine was ready.

I warmed up my Lobster sauce and poured it over the linguine and place the shrimp. Topped the shrimp off with some of the sake sauce and garnished the lobster.
Turned out pretty damn good. My buddy Rick is already wanting to know whats up for next week. I explained that I have no idea until I start to cook. :alc:

Attachments

• IMG_4935.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_4937.jpg
    IMG_4937.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4939.jpg
    IMG_4939.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4941.jpg
    IMG_4941.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 182

LETHAL GTS

Karen, That looks amazing.
My mouth is watering. That mushroom sauce looks like it would be incredible an it's own.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
:w00t:

Lethal, that is a thing of beauty. Sheer genius! You've certainly got a knack for this! Very impressive! :clap::clap::clap:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Lethal - I think maybe we should put our dishes together, invite all the neighbors and have a feast. Wow, the shrimp and pasta look so good. What a creative way to use the available ingredients! The real beauty of this is that we end up creating brand new dishes that we enjoy again and again.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well I had to scramble to get to the store before it closed last night. I had a very busy weekend between work and my girlfriends sons birthday etc..
BUT, the great news is that my buddy Rick and I had an awesome meal last night (even if I do say so myself:bonk:).

I made Lobster Linguine and Sake Shrimp.

First I infused my butter with crushed rosemary.
Then I added the garlic powder.
Once this was done I added chopped mushrooms and sauteed them until they became slightly cooked but still firm and adding salt and pepper to taste as well as some pinot noir and with the zest of one half lemon (I kept some back for garnishing later).
I added a bit of heavy cream just to see how well things would combine.
Then I added fresh chopped baby spinach and fresh chopped basil. Once it became wilted I transferred the sauce to a small pot and added heavy cream. Being careful not to boil the cream I allowed it to steep for a while (maybe 30 mins) before I removed it from the heat. In the meantime I started with my Lobster. I removed the shell and diced the lobster into bite size pieces. Then using the same sauce pan with a little leftover rosemary infused butter I seared the lobster then added it after to the pot.

I then started to saute my shrimp in butter garlic powder and you guessed it rosemary. I must say I was sure disappointed that I could not find fresh rosemary last night, but my pestle and mortar helped me get the most from my dry rosemary. I added salt and pepper and then about 6 oz of SAKE (rice wine). I sauteed this mixture until the linguine was ready.

I warmed up my Lobster sauce and poured it over the linguine and place the shrimp. Topped the shrimp off with some of the sake sauce and garnished the lobster.
Turned out pretty damn good. My buddy Rick is already wanting to know whats up for next week. I explained that I have no idea until I start to cook. :alc:
That looks beautiful!!

LETHAL GTS

Thanks guys, it's so easy when you are having this much fun.
I brought some to work for lunch today. We'll see how it goes over here.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks awesome GTS!

Well, I'm a little late but here's my second entry. Here's what I did:

Wrapped some shrimp in prosciutto and sauted a minute or so couple on each side in a little butter. I removed the shrimp and added sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauteed those until done. Removed those from the pan and added a mix of spinach, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cream that I processed in the food processor. I cooked this for several minutes, added back the mushrooms and added a little lemon juice. I thought I had some linguine but didn't so I used egg noodles. I will definitely make this again but next time I think I'll add some Parmesan cheese.

Attachments

• franken-pantry-VI.jpg
    franken-pantry-VI.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 173

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Mama!! That is stellar! 5 star quality food, and incredible magazine quality photography. An absolute homerun! I'm very impressed! Awesome! :clap::clap::clap:

LETHAL GTS

Looks awesome GTS!

Well, I'm a little late but here's my second entry. Here's what I did:

Wrapped some shrimp in prosciutto and sauted a minute or so couple on each side in a little butter. I removed the shrimp and added sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauteed those until done. Removed those from the pan and added a mix of spinach, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cream that I processed in the food processor. I cooked this for several minutes, added back the mushrooms and added a little lemon juice. I thought I had some linguine but didn't so I used egg noodles. I will definitely make this again but next time I think I'll add some Parmesan cheese.

(Standing Ovation!!!)
Mama That looks awesome, great job!
If I was to do mine again, I would use some flour to thicken the sauce, I would use fresh or roasted garlic and definitely Parmesan cheese.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama, I am also SO impressed with your professional-quality photography. And the dish looks so tempting and delicious. Clever "sauce" with the spinach and mushrooms. Yes, a little freshly grated parmesan would take the meal over the top, for sure. Thanks for creating a new recipe for us.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin, GTS and Karen!

I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Roasted garlic would have been nice in it too, GTS. I've never wrapped shrimp like that before. I had heard of it but for some reason, I just never tried it. It won't be the last time. I used 1/3 slice of prosciutto for each shrimp. Next time, I'll probably cut that in half and use a small strip to wrap around the shrimp. It would be wonderful wrapped like that and grilled.