Franken-Pantry III

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OH MAMA and KELTIN!! Chicken and spinach at their best!! Good job and beautiful plating both of you!!

mhend

KELTIN!!! That is awesome!!! A pesto with spinach - I never would have thought of that! Fantastic job!! :respect:

Deelady

Great great dishes you guys!! Very imaginative!

Hubby has been very particular with what he wants for dinner the last few nights so I havent been able to make what I have in mind yet, but I will soon!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You can always do what I did, Dee. DH wasn't feeling very adventurous either so I made him some potato soup and made a single serving Franken Pantry for me.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You can always do what I did, Dee. DH wasn't feeling very adventurous either so I made him some potato soup and made a single serving Franken Pantry for me.

I do the same when I make gator, frog legs, or spicy food (which isn't often). I just cook DW something of her choice.

Deelady

Well I was actually going to do that yesterday for lunch but he said "NO!! I want it too just not today!" LOL
Maybe for lunch tomorrow!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well I was actually going to do that yesterday for lunch but he said "NO!! I want it too just not today!" LOL
Maybe for lunch tomorrow!

Excellent, sounds like DH is willing to walk the wild side of the Franken-Pantry! Cheers to him! Can't wait to see what you create! :clap:

mhend

This was so much fun!

I had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I pounded thin. I made a mixture of Boursin cheese, scallions, salt and pepper, and some garlic that I had roasted. I spread that on the chicken breasts, rolled them up and secured them with a toothpick. I made some bread crumbs out of french bread and rolled the chicken in those, and browned them in some olive oil. I finished them in the oven. I served them on some spinach that I sauteed with butter, red onion and some more of the roasted garlic.

It turned out to be really good! I love this thread!!

ChickenwithBoursinandSpinach.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
THAT is amazing!!! Awesome job! Save me a plate, I'm hopping in the car right now!! :yum:

Wonderful use of the FP! Great job!!

mhend

THAT is amazing!!! Awesome job! Save me a plate, I'm hopping in the car right now!! :yum:

Awesome use of the FP! Great job!!

Thank you! This was SO much fun!!!! You had a great idea starting this thread, Keltin! I can't wait for the next one. Oh, and come and get it! I have plenty left - be sure you bring some of that pesto french bread pizza! :wink:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thank you! This was SO much fun!!!! You had a great idea starting this thread, Keltin! I can't wait for the next one. Oh, and come and get it! I have plenty left - be sure you bring some of that pesto french bread pizza! :wink:

Listen for your doorbell!!!

Glad you and everyone else is enjoying the FP. I'm loving it myself and have actually learned quite a bit from this! Awesome.

When FP IV starts on Sunday, we're going to have a minor change that I think will make this even more exciting and approachable.

You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work!!! :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This was so much fun!

I had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I pounded thin. I made a mixture of Boursin cheese, scallions, salt and pepper, and some garlic that I had roasted. I spread that on the chicken breasts, rolled them up and secured them with a toothpick. I made some bread crumbs out of french bread and rolled the chicken in those, and browned them in some olive oil. I finished them in the oven. I served them on some spinach that I sauteed with butter, red onion and some more of the roasted garlic.

It turned out to be really good! I love this thread!!

Oh my, mhend! I love boursin.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'll say it again mhend AWESOME!! I have never had Boursin cheese.

mhend

Thank you Peeps!! You should try it. It's soooo good. I think it comes in different varieties. Some have herbs, some have garlic...all are good. It's rich, so I don't eat it often, but man, it's the bomb! LOL!

mhend

Uh....me either! What up Mary, you holding out on me????? :yum:

LOL! No way! The first time I had it was a couple of years ago at a restaraunt. They served it on a burger. I've been hooked ever since. You should try it, Keltin!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL! No way! The first time I had it was a couple of years ago at a restaraunt. They served it on a burger. I've been hooked ever since. You should try it, Keltin!
I just googled a recipe for homemade.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The package I bought didn't have any of the herbs and spices in it. I added my own scallions and garlic. They do sell them that way though. This is awesome! Thanks for posting the link.
You're welcome mhend!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mhend - great minds obviously think along the same lines! :idea::idea::idea:

My Franken Pantry meal is similar, but not as pretty as yours...I took chopped garlic and onion, sauteed them in butter with some thawed frozen spinach (the fresh stuff in the store didn't look so good), and used that, along with some grated manchego cheese, to stuff the chicken breasts. I rolled them in butter, then breadcrumbs that I made myself in the FP, from bread that I baked myself. I also roasted an artichoke with garlic, butter and olive oil, and used some instant mashed potatoes (with lots of butter) to complete the meal. I've included a pic of the potato package - the only instructions on the package (in Spanish, of course), said to mix the entire package with 3.5 liters of boiling water to make FOUR KILOS of potatoes. So I had to wing it a bit. I have little bits of spinach and breadcrumbs ALL over the kitchen, my fingers are burned from getting the toothpicks out of the chicken pieces before I served them, and we have consumed enough butter to float a battleship. I hope our arteries don't clog overnight. BUT - it tasted pretty good, even though the potatoes were a bit gluey, and Jerry gave it a "7". Not bad. This is really fun. Can't wait for next week. And Jerry's looking forward to another "Franken-Friday."

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 135

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That looks AWESOME Karen, as usual. You're good! Your dinner looks amazing!!

And give props to Jerry from me for "Franken-Friday" - that is awesome!!! :thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
And Karen, I love the look of that pan you did the chicken in! What is that? A wok? Non-Stick? I can't quite figure it out, but it looks phenomenal!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Mhend, Peeps and Keltin - I'll be sure to tell Jerry. You're right, that is a GREAT pan. I bought it here (Hecho en Mexico), and it is nonstick, but it really browns things nicely and heats absolutely evenly. It is 10"diameter, has handles on either side, AND a glass lid that fits. I use it alot. I longed to deglaze that pan...lots of crunchy good bits in it. Jerry poured them over the leftover mashed potatoes and the doggies were crazy about them.

Deelady

Very nice Karen!! I didnt know Knorr made potatoes!

Heres mine....Greek Nachos :) I used pita bread, spinach, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, greek olives, olive oil, salt/pepper, garlic and chicken tenderloins

Attachments

• Fall 2010 528.jpg
    Fall 2010 528.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 136
  • Fall 2010 524.jpg
    Fall 2010 524.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 133