NCT Cook's Challenge Week 5 "Seasonal June" May 31-June 7

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cucumbers are in season here, and the tomatoes are looking pretty good, so I made Fran's Gazpacho and loved it! I subbed mild, pickled jalapeno for the fresh and used V-8 instead of tomato juice just because that's what I had on hand. Will do this one again! :thumb:

Recipe: http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6803&highlight=gazpacho

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Blueberries are in season here - as a matter of fact, the Blueberry Festival was this weekend. So I made one of my favorites. Blueberry pie!

Attachments

• blueberry pie 013.jpg
    blueberry pie 013.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, my entry is not as beautiful as all the others, but I wanted to try kohlrabi (off of the list that Vera posted). I'd never had it before.

This was roasted with butternut squash and garlic cloves. Very nice accompaniment to Fryboy's Pizza Meatloaf!

Lee

Attachments

• Kohrabi and squash, raw.JPG
    Kohrabi and squash, raw.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 163
  • Kohlrabi and squash, roasted.JPG
    Kohlrabi and squash, roasted.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 248
  • Pizza meatloaf and kohlrabi and squash.JPG
    Pizza meatloaf and kohlrabi and squash.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 161

GotGarlic

We picked, blanched and froze 3 pounds of green beans from our garden yesterday, so I guess you could say they're in season here :smile: I love this recipe. Hope you like it, too.

Green Beans with Oyster Sauce and Roasted Garlic

Attachments

• green-beans-oyster-sauce.jpg
    green-beans-oyster-sauce.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 238

SilverSage

Resident Crone
GG, those beans look wonderful! I hope the recipe is coming soon. They sure deserve K, but I have to spread some love around first. I'll be back!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wowwwwwwwwww!!!! More fabulous dishes, GG and SS!!!

Fantastic!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
GG and Qsis - those veggies look fantastic!! GG I saved the recipe.

Californiacook - that recipe looks yummy, I copied it. I will need to look for sour cream ice cream (I have never heard of it before but I like to put sour cream on sweet foods. I think the sweet and sour good wonderful together). Edit: I just noticed there is a recipe for the ice cream!! WhooooooooHooooooooo!!

SS - did you post the recipe for that awesome blueberry pie and I missed it?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
SS - did you post the recipe for that awesome blueberry pie and I missed it?

Nope. I'm saving you from yourself, Peeps! I don't think blueberry pie is good for your blood sugar. :yankchain: :sad:

Really, I'll post it when I get home from work tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Nope. I'm saving you from yourself, Peeps! I don't think blueberry pie is good for your blood sugar. :yankchain: :sad:

Really, I'll post it when I get home from work tonight.
Thank you and you are right about that. Actually the pie looks fantastic!! Blueberries are not my favorite but the family loves them and they are on sale this week. So I wanted to make it for them. My favorite pie is strawberry/rhubarb but have never made one myself.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Everyone everyone..it all looks wonderful. I cannot begin to tell you how sad I am not to be participating. I'm already looking forward to forcing something out of my new kitchen a week from Saturday! That's still quite a ways away for me.

Thanks to all of you for keeping this moving so beautifully!! Now, someone get me a slice of that blueberry pie!!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
OK, I am a little behind in reading last week's stuff, so I cannot resist posting this potato picture after seeing Keltin's potato. I bought this potato because it was so cute...then, I CUT IT UP. Guess which way I cut it? Ouch!
And yes, my husband does wonder why I take pictures of the produce.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 142

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK, I am a little behind in reading last week's stuff, so I cannot resist posting this potato picture after seeing Keltin's potato. I bought this potato because it was so cute...then, I CUT IT UP. Guess which way I cut it? Ouch!
And yes, my husband does wonder why I take pictures of the produce.
ROTFLMAO!!