NCT's Iron Chef #48 Battle Fennel.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
The random number for this week came up
hrzyhw.jpg

fpbm05.jpg

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, this challenge is open for 7 days (week of 4/4/10 - 4/10/10). During that 7 day period, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulations are that you must use Fennel in some way in the dish, and it must be something you have cooked during the 7 day period of this challenge.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Fennel begin!

buckytom

Grill Master
ok, this one's in my wheelhouse. i love fennel, both bulb and seeds. i often add a bulb or two to pasta primavera, with root veggies under a roast, and stuffed in whole trout with thyme and balsamic vinegar. seeds are great in sausage, in lasagna, with mustard on pork tender/loin roasts, and stuffed with garlic and rosemary in slits in a leg o' lamb.

i'm on vacation until tuesday, so i may actually get to cook this one.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, just did the pasta with fennel and sardines...Have to come up with something else.:unsure:

I LOVE fennel, but it's too early in the season for it around here, & the shipped-in stuff the markets are currently getting are too large & woody. On the one hand I wish these Iron Chef themes were a bit more seasonally oriented, but then I do realize that folks in parts of the country other than mine can get this stuff in good condition year-round.:tongue:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
This is seared monkfish with shaved fennel and jasmine pilaf

April2010028.jpg

April2010029.jpg

so sorry for the delay