Asian Apple Chicken

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW came home with some chicken breasts, a new apple preserve, and other things. We wanted to make Vegetable Mai Fun tonight, so I came up with an “Asian” style chicken recipe. I just threw this together at the last minute based on what we had lying around. Turned out rather well. I didn’t use veggies in the chicken “stir fry”, but feel free to add them if you like.

Asian Apple Chicken

Ingredients

3-4 Boneless & Skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4” pieces
1 Tbsp oil

1/2 cup Apple Juice
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp Sand Mountain Country Style Apple Pie Jam (or Apple preserves)
1 tsp Honey
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar

1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup Chicken broth

Procedure

Make a slurry with the flour and chicken broth. Set aside.

Mix the remaining wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well. Set aside.

In a hot skillet or Wok, add oil. Now add chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the Apple Juice mixture, and continue to stir frequently until reduced by 1/4 (about 4 minutes). As you’re reducing this sauce, move your chicken to the outside edge after about 1 minute so that it is mostly out of the boiling liquid. Now add the slurry and continue to stir until thickened (about 2 minutes). Serve plain or over egg noodles. This goes great with Vegetable Mai Fun.

Notes

I made this up tonight, and now that I’ve cooked it and eaten it, I’d say green onions and mushrooms would be a nice addition! Especially garnishing the finished dish with fresh green onions (scallions). Perhaps even consider adding 1/4 cup finely diced apple.

DW brought home some locally (well, really close to us anyway!) made Apple preserves.

Step1-16.jpg

Stir fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
Step2-11.jpg

Add liquid ingredients.
Step3-9.jpg

Add slurry to thicken.
Step4-7.jpg

Plate plain or on noodles.
Step5-7.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh man, this sounds and looks delicious, Keltin. I will definitely make this soon. Thanks!