Noodle Dough

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp cold water

Mix flour and salt in bowl. Make a well in the flour mixture and add eggs and water. Mix well. Roll out very thin, trying to keep dough an even rectangular shape. (Be sure to keep plenty of flour under dough as you roll it out.) Roll up dough like a jelly roll. Cut 1/2" wide slices across the roll (to create strips). Unwind each strip and hang or drape over rod to air dry. (to dry, wrap foil around a broomstick handle, arrange noodles across the handle and banance across two chairs.

Sorry, the picture is a little grainy.

Attachments

• noodle.jpg
    noodle.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,175

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We do it just a little different at my house (actually I should say Gail does it a little different ...since she makes the noodles) .... She mixes it up like you say, and then rolls it out. Then sets it on a towel on the dinning room table and lets it air dry there. Once air dried she rolls them up and cuts them in the 1/2" strips. Then unroll the strips and put em in a big pile in the middle of the table ...be sure there is still plenty of flour on them and mix together. Let sit an hour or so (to be sure all are aired out) then put in zip lock baggies and freeze.
Gail usually does this a week or two before turkey day and freezes them until Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Then she makes her broth with chicken parts and cooks the noodles in it. ummm are they ever tasty. :thumb:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
We do it just a little different at my house (actually I should say Gail does it a little different ...since she makes the noodles) .... She mixes it up like you say, and then rolls it out. Then sets it on a towel on the dinning room table and lets it air dry there. Once air dried she rolls them up and cuts them in the 1/2" strips. Then unroll the strips and put em in a big pile in the middle of the table ...be sure there is still plenty of flour on them and mix together. Let sit an hour or so (to be sure all are aired out) then put in zip lock baggies and freeze.
Gail usually does this a week or two before turkey day and freezes them until Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Then she makes her broth with chicken parts and cooks the noodles in it. ummm are they ever tasty. :thumb:

You're probably losing some flavor by leaving the broomstick out :hide:

I had some trouble with the picture. It was @170k and the restriction is set to 97k so I cut it down a little.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What was the extension of the pic. I thought I up'd the .jpg limit to 200k.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I suspect you could copy a *.jpeg file to *.jpg and it would still work.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Hey, have you ever added any herbs or spices into the recipe? I would LOOOOOVE to try some in this but I dont have a pasta maker. :(

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
but I dont have a pasta maker.

Sush, check the recipe again. The pasta maker is a rolling pin and a foil covered broomstick. :D

And no, never added anything to it. Always used the sauce to add flavor.

Jim