NCT Cooks Challenge Week 4 May 24 - 31 TOMATO

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Look at that bread! And that stuffed tomato is wonderful!

Here's the bacon you asked for, Mama.

I told you we're living on BLT's right now, so I'm posting a pic.
OH LORD I AM in heaven!! that toasted bread looks awesome!! YUMMY

tomorrow toasted sour dough has a date!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Everything is looking great in here! If I read Vera's post correctly, we can still do tomatoes through tonight, so I've got two ugly ripes :biggrin: that will hopefully turn into some kind of side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everything is looking great in here! If I read Vera's post correctly, we can still do tomatoes through tonight, so I've got two ugly ripes :biggrin: that will hopefully turn into some kind of side.
I have never tried ugly ripes. what are they like flavor wise? mild or strong?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The Challenges are Monday through Monday, so yes, Tomato is still on today, and Seasonal started today, as well.

Peeps, Ugly Ripes are just that...ugly, but delicious....they always taste just picked off the vine and so much better than hot house tomatoes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The Challenges are Monday through Monday, so yes, Tomato is still on today, and Seasonal started today, as well.

Peeps, Ugly Ripes are just that...ugly, but delicious....they always taste just picked off the vine and so much better than hot house tomatoes.
ahaaaaaaaaaaa!! thanks and can you get them all year? or is it just spring and summer?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Right now, they come from Florida. In the summer, they come from more northern parts of the country. In the winter, they're shipped in from Mexico & South America, but you can still get them if you want to pay 4.99 a pound.