NCT's Iron Chef 44: Battle Alcohol.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
The random number for this week came out #16.

9lhf7k.jpg

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, this challenge is open for 7 days (week of 3/07/10 - 3/13/10). During that 7 day period, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulations are that you must use Alcohol in some way in the dish, and it must be something you have cooked during the 7 day period of this challenge.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Alcohol begin!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Not necessarily. The rules say it can be a drink. To be frank, when it came up I was disappointed. I figured Oh Great! Drop a couple ice cubes in a shot of JD and I'm down with it. Then I thought a bit. Spring is springing BBQ Sauce, Vodka sauce.

I am still pondering, but, no you do not have to cook with it, just make whatever it is this week.

I saw this in LuckyTrim's sig line and thought it inspirational for this week.

Man cannot live by bread alone........there must also be a beverage !
Woody Allen

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Clearly, you'll see all the ah.....going's on around here, booze-wise.

However, I'm toying with a lemoncello basil sauce for fish for Saturday. I'm also thinking of a morning juice and proseco thing.

If anyone puts even a drop of wine in the dinner pot, it counts!!

GotGarlic

Clearly, you'll see all the ah.....going's on around here, booze-wise.

However, I'm toying with a lemoncello basil sauce for fish for Saturday. I'm also thinking of a morning juice and proseco thing.

If anyone puts even a drop of wine in the dinner pot, it counts!!

Hey, I just realized the stir-fry with dry sherry I made last night counts for this! Now I have to try to remember what all I put in it ... :confused:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
It's already Sunday and there's nothing here, so I took a picture of a cocktail last night. It seems I'm into retro this week. A cosmopolitan ala Sex in the City.

Attachments

• cosmopolitan (1).jpg
    cosmopolitan (1).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 196

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Marsala used for the stuffed oysters
March2010123.jpg

Stuffed oysters
March2010136.jpg

Tito's Handmade Vodka, on the rocks with lemon slice

March2010130.jpg

Lemoncello used for the sauce for the bronzino

March2010131.jpg

Finished product
March2010139.jpg

The gerwurtramainer we had with dinner
March2010137.jpg

Anisette (oh how I hate hiram walker, but it's all I had left) used in the chocolate strawberry tiramisu

March2010127.jpg

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Vera - do you need a slave?

Corned Beef & Cabbage coming up. Alcohol, you say? Yup! 2 pints of Guinness. Pix later.

K

Kimchee

Not a true contender for this battle, but couldn't resist..

This is a picture of the Trash Can Punch we used to make for our high school parties. Deadly stuff... 3 bottles Everclear, one each of Rum, 151 Rum, vodka, gin.... lots of Hi-C and Kool Aid.
We had an old rusty sword we used to stir it.
GREAT parties... I think.....

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 156