NCT's Iron Chef 14: Battle Mushrooms

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sorry about the late entry.

Shiitake pizza I made this evening:

P1030833.jpg

P1030837.jpg
YUMMY!! need recipe!! is that scratch dough?

FooD

Thanks....no, that's Trader Joe's fresh plain dough. I like my crust thin and crispy as well. The pizza was baked on a cast iron pan in a gas grill.

P1030839.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks....no, that's Trader Joe's fresh plain dough. I like my crust thin and crispy as well. The pizza was baked on a cast iron pan in a gas grill.

P1030839.jpg
ok so whats on it? ports, red onion, fresh chiffonade of basil, olive oil, fresh garlic (?) and mozzarella? any grated romano and/or parmesan cheese? did i get any of that right?

FooD

ok so whats on it? ports, red onion, fresh chiffonade of basil, olive oil, fresh garlic (?) and mozzarella? any grated romano and/or parmesan cheese? did i get any of that right?

Hi, I used mozzarella, red onions, basil, and olive oil.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry about the late entry.

Shiitake pizza I made this evening:

P1030833.jpg

P1030837.jpg

FooD!!!!! :w00t:

That pizza is so incredible looking. Looks professional and straight out of a pizzeria! Wonderful job! I so need one of these now!! :clap:

FooD

Thanks Keltin! I found an unopened bag of dried shiitake from Costco in the pantry just the other day. I had completely forgotten I had these tucked away in the back since I bought them several months ago. I'm really glad the pizza came out the way it did. I wanted to add some spinach to it but I didn't have any last night......did not feel like running over to the market just for spinach.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin! I found an unopened bag of dried shiitake from Costco in the pantry just the other day. I had completely forgotten I had these tucked away in the back since I bought them several months ago. I'm really glad the pizza came out the way it did. I wanted to add some spinach to it but I didn't have any last night......did not feel like running over to the market just for spinach.
those are dried shiitake? did you soak them and if so how long and in what? it looks sooooooooooooo gooooooooood that crust is just right.

FooD

those are dried shiitake? did you soak them and if so how long and in what? it looks sooooooooooooo gooooooooood that crust is just right.

I placed a handful of the dried shiitakes in a bowl and poured some boiling water over them and left them alone for 15 minutes as per instructions.

Yes, I love pizza crust, especially the ends. Next time I'll do pizza with no topping but for olive oil