Iron Chef 9 : Steak

homecook

alright people, i havent felt hungry in about 5 days... now i am darn hungry... time to take a steak out of the freezer

oh and whats with everybodies square plates..jeez..lol

i just bought some at a yard sale last weekend..posting pics in a bit

Because you lust after them!! LOL

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sometimes i wonder if I'm in the right Thread..................

Smothered Steak !
369225011.jpg

369225044.jpg

369225070.jpg

369225085.jpg

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Sorry guys. I had pics all ready, but our cable and internet went dead yesterday. They can't fix it until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest...

homecook

Swordfish Steak....no recipe. I melted butter, garlic and lemon and brushed it on while on the grill.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 148

Love2"Q"

i had big plans for this one ...
i had a bunch of stuff to do yesterday and DW pulled out
a beef tenderloin in the morning to thaw ..
well i guess around noon she thought it would be a good idea
to put it on the counter for a little bit to help thaw ..
then forgot about it until i asked where it was ..
man that was a bad smell ..

homecook

i had big plans for this one ...
i had a bunch of stuff to do yesterday and DW pulled out
a beef tenderloin in the morning to thaw ..
well i guess around noon she thought it would be a good idea
to put it on the counter for a little bit to help thaw ..
then forgot about it until i asked where it was ..
man that was a bad smell ..

Ah that hurts!!!
I've been known to do things like that though.

chowhound

Seriously, Barb.... Is that a plastic, long handled ear of corn you move from plate to plate?
:yum:

I can see getting one or two ears a year like that, but since I've never seen one in person myself and I'm right in corn country, too.... Tell me you have to rummage through the bin to find those things. :wink:

Q, that sucks. Been there done that. Especially since I tend to put things out of the dogs' view and immediate sniffer range. Which of course puts it out of my immediate view and sniffer range :bonk:

homecook

Seriously, Barb.... Is that a plastic, long handled ear of corn you move from plate to plate?
:yum:

I can see getting one or two ears a year like that, but since I've never seen one in person myself and I'm right in corn country, too.... Tell me you have to rummage through the bin to find those things. :wink:

Q, that sucks. Been there done that. Especially since I tend to put things out of the dogs' view and immediate sniffer range. Which of course puts it out of my immediate view and sniffer range :bonk:

:yum::yum::yum: We have a small family run grocery store down the street. I don't know where they get it. I'll have to ask next time I'm in there...(tomorrow). All the corn is like that......honest, truly, seriously!!!! Ask JoeV....I'm not sure if he buys his corn there but he know who I'm talking about.

Wait, I'm grilling corn on the cob again tonight with steaks........

homecook

Grilled T-bone rubbed with Outback Steakhouse coffee rub (shhhhhh...son's friend snagged it for me.)

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 152

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Everything looks great....and Barb, I REALLY want some corn like that! Awesome! Go nna have to dig around at the Farmer's Market.

homecook

Looks great, homecook. I'm curious about the coffee rub.

They were running a special awhile back and I tried it. I'm not one to put anything but s&p on my steaks but this stuff was great! A friend of my sons' brought me some from the kitchen. lol They got it shipped in from corporate and there were no list of ingredients on the bag. All I know is it has a
background coffee taste. Sorry, I can't explain it more.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks, homecook. I just read a Bobby Flay recipe for coffee rubbed rib-eyes that uses ground espresso. I'll have to give it a try.