Grilled Injected Chicken Breasts

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Injected Grilled Chicken Breast

Easy enough here. I’ve been experimenting with salad dressing, in particular French and Catalina as glazes. Got the idea to INJECT that dressing into the meat and then grill it, and THEN glaze it. Turned out really well. Juicy is not even the word for this. It was crazy moist and very tender. Try it! Salad dressing isn’t just for the leafy green stuff!

Inject your meat with the good stuff.
Step_1-9.jpg

Season the meat with your favorite rub. If you caught Chow’s post, then you might have gotten some free rubs like this one – Poultry Rub.
Step_2-9.jpg

For BAM. Yeah baby, a chimney and newspaper! :lol:
Step_3-6.jpg

Lot’s of coal and cooking area here, so use part of it for foil potatoes!
Step_4-5.jpg

As the chicken is cooking, let’s get the glaze ready. Start with French or Catalina dressing, then add some of BAM’s hot sauce! OH YEAH!!!
Step_5-3.jpg

It’s done. Time to eat it.
Step_6-2.jpg

So juicy! Melt in your mouth! Try this, really!
Step_7-2.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hoo-boy, Keltin!

That last picture has my mouth watering and it's not even 8:30 a.m.! Beautiful!

My favorite injection marinade is Cajun Injector brand, Creole Butter flavor. Excellent in turkey and chicken!

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
looks awesome Keltin... it looks like your supplies of hot sauce a dwindling..lol

maybe time for a re-up..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys!

Like Qsis, my favorite injection is the Creole Butter.

The interesting thing about injecting the chicken with the thicker French dressing was that it stayed in place (didn’t ooze out), and really permeated the meat.

Then, and this was cool, when I made the first cut, a big stream of the injection kind of spurted out and ran out through the cut. It was really cool, and tasted great.

Although, since it is a bright orange, it might freak some people out to cut into your chicken and have a steady stream of orangish fluid run out. :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wait a minute, that sounds GREAT, Loves2! Or RANCH!!!

Yummm!

Lee

Hmmmmm......ranch with a Hot Sauce glaze.

Like a hot wing chicken dish with the Ranch already inside. How interesting! I may be trying that! :lol:

Love2"Q"

Hmmmmm......ranch with a Hot Sauce glaze.

Like a hot wing chicken dish with the Ranch already inside. How interesting! I may be trying that! :lol:

that sounds good ...
maybe cut out a pocket inside and fill with ranch and cheese ...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, Did you get that idea from my hotdogs?

Actually, I’ve been injecting meat ever since we got our first Turkey Fryer back in 2003. From that point forward, I’ve been injecting meat and have injected everything from steaks and chops to chicken and turkey. I even injected and deep fried a pork rib roast once!

I haven’t done Hotdogs yet though.

Currently, I have 6 injection needles in my “junk drawer” and they seem to be multiplying in there!!! :yum:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Also how would Ranch taste with Bams green sauce taste?

you are the only one with the sauce Derek, nobody else got samples of that sauce..but i dont think it would go.. pineapple,rum based doesnt sound good with ranch

Actually, I’ve been injecting meat ever since we got our first Turkey Fryer back in 2003. From that point forward, I’ve been injecting meat and have injected everything from steaks and chops to chicken and turkey. I even injected and deep fried a pork rib roast once!

Currently, I have 6 injection needles in my “junk drawer” and they seem to be multiplying in there!!! :yum:

we have been injecting since i was a kid smoking hams and what not with my grandpa..not going to say the year...lmao

injectors were not readily available back then, at least no food grade ones so much..lol

your drawer sounds like mine except mine is thermometers..lol

got 3 new turkey deepfryers the other day with 12" stems for 2.99 each and got a lower end maverick digi thermo for $14.99...couldnt pass any of them up..lol

Derek

Banned

Wow, 6, I'm just happy with the 1.

I was thinking when I do my sweet and sour chicken over rice? I would inject Gee / with minced garlic "almost puree form" and then put a chicken bouillon cube in the water to flavor it up. And then I would use butter and 2 table spoons of shallots while browning the rice before I bring water in.

What do you Think Keltin?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, 6, I'm just happy with the 1.

I was thinking when I do my sweet and sour chicken over rice? I would inject Gee / with minced garlic "almost puree form" and then put a chicken bouillon cube in the water to flavor it up. And then I would use butter and 2 table spoons of shallots while browning the rice before I bring water in.

What do you Think Keltin?

Sounds like a plan! I say go for it and report back on how it went. :thumb: