Dishwasher; top shelf vs. bottom

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
We had a glass break on the bottom of the dishwasher, and now I'm paranoid about putting anything down there.

Heeeelp !

sadie

I'm fortunate to have a dishwasher that I can turn off the heated dry. In fact, I never use the heated dry, the water is hot enough without it and everything comes out spotless.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm fortunate to have a dishwasher that I can turn off the heated dry. In fact, I never use the heated dry, the water is hot enough without it and everything comes out spotless.

Some can be programmed to automatically heat the water in the main wash and final rinse, allowing the water heater to be set to a temp of 120 degrees.

Studies have shown that the water at 120 degrees is sufficient & hot enough for washing clothes, taking baths or showers or other duties around the house.

Having the machine programmed for an extra hot wash and rinse guarrantees that the water will always be steamy hot, and that tough grease and food residue, as well as germs and bacteria don't stand a chance of surviving in the machine's harsh turbulent washing system. :)